Hi guys, Happy New Year. I attended the gun show in Hickory NC last sunday and I thought I would pass along what was there. Anything to do with an AR type rifle including ammo (223 or 556)was in very short to no supply. One guy who is always there with 10 tables full of ALL parts to assemble an AR had less than a hand full left. I saw 30 round PMAGS for $75, with window $100, thats each. Standard Mil 30 rd mags $40 +. Stripped lowers $365. What AR15s on hand started at $1,695. 1000 round bulk FMJ boxes $1,395. And one standard BCG @ $250. And people were buying like crazy. Maybe it will calm down someday. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.
Here in Mi I saw a poly lower for $600.
Posts: 202
Threads: 4
Joined: Jul 2011
Yea I was there too Saturday. It was a mad house.
That one vendor you're talking about with all the AR parts really has gone down hill. You hardly ever see anyone buying from him because he's just a little elitist prick and he is one of the vendors I wish would stop going. Back in the summer I was looking for some parts and I asked him how much. He wanted almost double what I could order and have shipped from Midway. I told him that and his response "I have a military contract and I don't give a f*** about the public. I jack my prices up so the public won't buy from me."
Posts: 1,827
Threads: 111
Joined: Jun 2011
MrDraco Wrote:He wanted almost double what I could order and have shipped from Midway. I told him that and his response "I have a military contract and I don't give a f*** about the public. I jack my prices up so the public won't buy from me."
Did you ask him what the f*** he was doing at a gun show for the public?
LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!
Posts: 202
Threads: 4
Joined: Jul 2011
BjornF16 Wrote:Did you ask him what the f*** he was doing at a gun show for the public?
No. At that point I was so pissed because of his unprofessional attitude that I just walked away. Knowing him though it is probably to prey on those who are uninformed about how high his prices are.