I just got my Entry Rifle and mounted a Leupold VX-R illuminated 2-7 scope on it. After-the-fact, how does that set-up sound?
I also got a case of Wolf 120 gr ammo to play with.
Sounds like it will work if you have the scope high enough for eye alignment.
Seems to be OK. I'll know for sure when I finally get to go out and sight it in.
The 2-7 scope is a great power range for close quarters rifles. If someone made a 1.5-9 that would be fabulous, but I think the 2-7 is hard to beat. I have a 2-7 on one of my Grendel's too and it works great. The other Grendel wears a 3.5-10 Leupold Mark IV for longer range shooting.
Leupold has a new 1.1x8 but the price is near $3K. I carried a 2-7 Burris for several years and it served me well as a patrol rifle.
$3K for a Leupold? It must be a heck of a scope. That's in the SB and US Optics price range.