Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How much should it cost.
#1
I've got a barrel I'm taking to a gunsmith to be threaded for a flash hider. How much does this service normally run?

I want to make sure I'm not going to get ripped off with how crazy everything AR is right now.

Is this something I could do myself?
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply
#2
Barrel threading usually runs 60-100 depending on what your having done you could potentionaly do it your seld but you would need a lathe to do it correctly
Reply
#3
I normally use these guys.

http://tornado-technologies.com/services.html

Mike Stanard (an Aussie expatriate) is good folk, and has always done excellent work for me. They are swamped at the moment, but as a popular shop their price list will give you some comparisons at least.
Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....
Reply
#4
I used these guys before http://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices...cfm?code=1 price list has expanded since I did mine (an h&r barrel) but ar price is still $65
Reply
#5
As always thank y'all for the great advice.
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)