grin&dull
Unregistered
Here's the 1st part of the story:
http://texasgunblog.com/archives/6097
but like I said it turned out it was scrapped out.
I have a plumb crazy lower on my 16 inch grendel I have been very pleased with the fit and function of the lower. Now I dont have 3000 rounds down range, I am sitting at about 300 so far but have had no issues with the lower. It has functioned flawlessly for me wet or dry up to 120 degrees down to the low 30's about as cold as it gets in my area. I sometimes wonder if those who speak so loudly about the poor quality of plastic lowers have even held one muchless shot them.:confused:
I have two 5.56 AR15's one is metal and the last one i put together has the New Frontier Armory polymer lower. I couldnt be happier with it so far. But i do not abuse my toys. My son used it to take a doe just a few weeks ago using the 63 barnes ttsx. I don't know if it would make it as a battle rifle or being abused. Buy i think mine is pretty awesome but i just travels from my bedroom to the truck and to the woods and back. If you are not hard on your stuff i say go for one. if it breaks your not out much as cheap as they are. I like the fit it has to the upper and the trigger is more crisp in the new frontier armory one than in my DPMS lower. I like mine.
Posts: 245
Threads: 54
Joined: Oct 2011
I may try one, heck for $40 bucks why not. If it's crap I have a stack of lowers to swap it out. I have all the parts for a 20" bull 5.56.
My nfa polymer lower came with internal parts and to my surprise the pins and all internals minus spring were polymer and it fits the upper great I'm not worried bout my pins, plus trigger is crisp
I have had the same experience with the polyper internals the trigger pull is crisp and and breaks at 4 lbs according to the scale I have, no slack, no stacking, no overtravel that I can tell. I thought about changing the fire control parts it is milspec so the drop in triggers or any of the after market parts will fit but after checking it with a scale and shooting it I did not see the point of spending the extra cash to inmprove it slightly. The lower shoots better than I can most days.
Yeah, I to have an LW15 New Frontier lower, and am very please. But I don't at all abuse my guns, so it is what it is. If it breaks, it didn't cost much, but I have my suspicion that it won't break. I'm pretty convinced by the New Frontier promo stress test videos. I regard it as a good part. I like the trigger so much so that I bought another one for one of my other lowers. It didn't come with the disconnector, but New Frontier sent me one for free.
I would most certainly buy another. This one is paired with my 5.45 upper. That rifle weighs in at around 6.5 pounds if I remember correctly.