Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Pics of my Fitzgrendel
#1
[attachment=1772][attachment=1771][attachment=1770] This is the first time ive posted an attachment so i hope it worked. This is the first rifle I've ever built and it would'nt have been possible without the help of the great guys on this forum. Thanks everyone.

AA 20 inch barrel with mega upper and aa young bolt carrier. I did the duracoat magpul FDE. Syrac adj gas block and jp handguard. It shoots dimes at 100.
I've shot mostly reloads but it likes the hornady 123s too. I have a bunch of load data i need to post with chrono results too. BTW the troy battlemags work better than the AA ones with the blue follower.
Reply
#2
Sweet lookin stick!
Reply
#3
Quote: BTW the troy battlemags work better than the AA ones with the blue follower.

Which Battlemags are you using, and which capacity? Are you filling them to capacity, or only partly?

Very nice stick!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#4
Nice blaster. I have the same question about what capacity you load those 5.56 Troy Battle Mags to. I have yet to have issues with my Grendel mags.
Reply
#5
x3.... Your 5.56 mags work better? Whatchoo talkin' about Willis?LOL I'm guessing you didn't put very many rounds in your mags? Please elaborate.Big Grin
Reply
#6
Nice!
Reply
#7
I am using the standard Troy battlemags and loading them to only 20 rounds. I've been having problems with my AA ten rounders. Sometimes the bolt won't hold open on the last round. The problem that really pisses me off is the feeding malf. It looks like the bolt is pinching the round between the mag and chamber. Almost like a stovepipe. But the pliable polymer lips of the battlemags seem to feed smoothly. If I fill them to capacity the top round wants
To pop out but 20 works.
Reply
#8
Nice rifle
Reply
#9
Rockdriller Wrote:I am using the standard Troy battlemags and loading them to only 20 rounds. I've been having problems with my AA ten rounders. Sometimes the bolt won't hold open on the last round. The problem that really pisses me off is the feeding malf. It looks like the bolt is pinching the round between the mag and chamber. Almost like a stovepipe. But the pliable polymer lips of the battlemags seem to feed smoothly. If I fill them to capacity the top round wants
To pop out but 20 works.
You're lucky. I didn't know the Troys would feed that many. Most people report binding way before feeding that many in regular 5.56 mags. You definitely have mag problem with your grendel mags. The newer mags usually work fine for most folks these days.
Reply
#10
I like it, nice rifle.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)