Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
"Snow Gun" - a unique spare parts build
#21
First blood for Snogun comes with this pre-rut buck in a southern swamp at 11:00am and 63ºF temp:

[Image: DSCF1953-1.jpg]
Drifter
Reply
#22
Man thats nice. I gotta say that I am a bit envious since in KS we can't take a modern rifle out for deer until Nov 28.

How far was the shot, was it DRT and did you recover the bullet?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.
Reply
#23
Very nice pic all around. That's awesome right there. Also wondering about the details.
Reply
#24
Nice harvest!
Reply
#25
Thanks guys. It was a 20-yard shot using a Nosler 120gr Ballistic Tip. Bullet didn't exit, nor was it recovered. Probably fragmented due to such a high-velocity impact / close-range shot. He traveled ~65 yards after the shot. Good blood trail via entrance wound. Didn't have time for a full examination of bullet performance.
Drifter
Reply
#26
I'm so glad you decided to keep it and not sell it. You might have saved my marriage :-) Absolutely love that setup, would be perfect up here in AK.
Reply
#27
Very nice, what is on that Ace stock, below the top tube and the lower one?
Reply
#28
sureshot Wrote:Very nice, what is on that Ace stock, below the top tube and the lower one?

I added a 1.5" MI rail to the Ace stock by countersinking for the nuts underneath the buttpad. Then I attached a Vtac LPSM so that I would have a swivel base where I wanted it.

[Image: DSCF1946.jpg]
Drifter
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)