[ATTACH=CONFIG]2395[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2396[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2394[/ATTACH] She turned out sweet! Lots of good solid parts, having the barrel redone because of some headspace issues. I cannot say enough about the customer service at BRO and Black Hole Weaponry taking care of the issue OUTSTANDING!!
Very nice! I'm a sucker for FDE myself.
Looks awesome! Who did the coating?
Thanks, I have been painting motorcycles, helmets, and signs for years and figured I could apply the Cerakote. Bought some from Brownells, degreased, blasted the parts with 220g white aluminum oxide and baked it in our/wifes new convection oven turned out great, I have it on other weapons & its been incredibly durable.
Man, I like it. I am thinking of that myself.
Posts: 105
Threads: 15
Joined: Sep 2012
What's the barrel length and what gas system are you running? I'm building a 20" with rifle length gas system and was wondering what buffer to use. Have you had any issues with that?
Here's the parts list Wilson Combat upper & lower, Failsafe NP3 coated bolt carrier, Les Baer bolt, BRO 20" .264LBC barrel, Surefire 6.8 muzzle brake, Yankee Hill 12" handguard, Magpul Mil-ACS buttstock, MIAD grip and trigger guard, Timney 3lb. trigger, ADM 30mm mount, Vortex Viper PST 6-24X MRAD scope, JP adjustable gas block, AR stoner 6.5 mags, Kinda bummed the BRO barrel was supposedly a type2 .135 headspaced version which is the Grendel spec turned out to be a type1, wasted 2 boxes of rounds without injury thank god! It would not hold a consistent group they were all over the target noticed the primers were looking flattened, took the barrel back off! The guys at BRO and Black Hole are sending me a new barrel, awesome customer service! Just bummed I have to recerakote the new barrel, and the $50 on ammo wasted. I could of just bought the type1 bolt I guess but the BRO guys are making it right.
Posts: 2,075
Threads: 35
Joined: Mar 2011