Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Grendel-9 Pigs-0
#1
Only two have taken another step:
[Image: 8018488565_ba7878d2e7.jpg]
Reply
#2
I'm jealous. Need a tagalong???
Reply
#3
I'm jealous too!! Have Grendel, will travel.
Reply
#4
tx- You don't have anywhere to hunt hogs around Leander?
Reply
#5
I ride through Meridian on occasion. Beautiful country in that area and around Clifton. Unfortunately i have to ride about 100 more miles to get after the pigs. Round Mountain, TX from
Reply
#6
This was killed 2 miles from my front door... it's nice! But not at the same time...
Reply
#7
'em bacon!!
Reply
#8
Are you using one of the Laser Genetics/BSA laser lights? If so, how do you like it and which model is it? I'm considering a ND3 Sub Zero.

Thanks, Dinny
Reply
#9
What load were you using? Excellent pic, BTW. I would really be impressed if you were barefoot, with big, gnarly, hairy toes, like we usually see on the kitchen floor next to a nice blaster.
Reply
#10
http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2012/09/2...k=82483862

check the link -- I think you may have a solution to a worldwide problem
Reply
#11
Dinny- Mine is a bow lite... I am pretty impressed with it but would buy extra batteries if you hunt longer than a couple of hours. I'm pretty sure the majority of these hunting lights are made in the same factory but I'm unfamiliar with the BSA version.

52- I am formulating some loads right now but so far all 9 have been factory Hornady AMax 123g. I find that head shots on a pig are fairly easy and the amax is very accurate. My foot is in the pic simply to give perspective. I wear a size 12 and that rifle is an 18" barrel. That was a fairly big boar. Notice I'm wearing tennis shoes... I was just checking a feeder.
Reply
#12
Dinny Wrote:Are you using one of the Laser Genetics/BSA laser lights? If so, how do you like it and which model is it? I'm considering a ND3 Sub Zero.

Thanks, Dinny

I have used the nd3x30 (non-sub zero model)

Although starting out i had good success with it out to 100 yards my friends nd3x40 was good too 200 yards.

At first the light didn't bother the animals but after a while they wised up and learned to run and run fast. If night hunting is you're game its really hard to beat real night vision. After my nd3 was made obsolete after my friends nd3 then succeeded by his pulsar n550 digisight in retrospect i wish i had just saved up and bought real nightvision
Reply
#13
PigOPs Wrote:tx- You don't have anywhere to hunt hogs around Leander?

Unfortunately not. Do you?
Reply
#14
Kikn Wrote:I have used the nd3x30 (non-sub zero model)

Although starting out i had good success with it out to 100 yards my friends nd3x40 was good too 200 yards.

At first the light didn't bother the animals but after a while they wised up and learned to run and run fast. If night hunting is you're game its really hard to beat real night vision. After my nd3 was made obsolete after my friends nd3 then succeeded by his pulsar n550 digisight in retrospect i wish i had just saved up and bought real nightvision

I have the nd3x50 sub zero. and it does good out to 300yds (depends on your scope). I found hogs learned real fast to run when they see the green light. I have since gone with gen lll night vision an I wish I had gone this route to begin with. Ive put a hurtin on hogs around here since gettin real night vision. I cant wait to get my can!!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)