what do u guys think about cryoing a barrels.[url=http://www.300below.com/firearms-cryo-barrel[URL="http://www.300below.com/firearms-cryo-barrel/]http://www.300below.com/firearms-cryo-barrel/[/url] is it worth it? hopeing Bill A will comment on this.
It is not needed in my opinion. Used to be real big with BR shooters but has lost favor to meloniting the barrel to increase throat life. Some guys still swear by cryo, but most have moved on.
I have tried it, an didnt really seem to be a big difference in it either way.. some folks sure do swear by it.. no harm can come from it you wanna give it a try.. cept lettin go a lil bit a cash
Pancho Villa
Unregistered
In general I believe that people start looking into cryo, melanite, etc., way too early.
You have to be a damn good shot to start noticing the difference between a regular barrel and a match barrel, and between a match barrel and a cryo/unobtainium barrel.
I'm not there, and I don't think I ever will be. YMMV.