08-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Sorry it took me until today to figure out how to post a photo here. I made promise to post this and here it is.
A320pylt
A320pylt
|
My Model 1 6.5
|
|
08-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Sorry it took me until today to figure out how to post a photo here. I made promise to post this and here it is.
A320pylt
08-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Looks good, what kind of optic is that? NV?
08-14-2012, 11:29 PM
cool. keep us posted on how it shoots OP. i'm getting about 1-1.5 MOA out of my 12-inch SBR 6.5G Model 1 with Wolf ammo....
08-14-2012, 11:38 PM
I had a couple Model 1 sales 6.5 "sporter" uppers and they were fine shooters, great values. I have recommended them to many who want to enter the Grendel realm but don't want to drop big $$$$ on an upper.
08-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Its just been too hot here the last 3 weeks to deal with going to range and trying to focus on shooting in 105 degree plus days. When it cools down I will get out there and shoot her.
A320pylt
08-16-2012, 09:40 PM
melensdad Wrote:I had a couple Model 1 sales 6.5 "sporter" uppers and they were fine shooters, great values. I have recommended them to many who want to enter the Grendel realm but don't want to drop big $$$$ on an upper. +1. Once I can afford to upgrade mine, I will. -mm
08-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Nice lookin' stick. Post some accuracy pics when you get a chance. Thanks mike
08-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Peck1631 Wrote:Looks good, what kind of optic is that? NV? Hey Peck, its a gen 1 night vision scope that I use for hog hunting, Works great for that too. A320pylt
08-18-2012, 04:35 PM
I would say that dog will hunt. Looks good.
08-19-2012, 08:46 AM
IF you are willing, I would like to know how much you paid out the door for the upper. Been back and forth on a used AA, or new M1S
08-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Dust Wrote:IF you are willing, I would like to know how much you paid out the door for the upper. Been back and forth on a used AA, or new M1S Just sent you a PM and gave you more than you asked for but I figured just tell it all. A320PYLT
08-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Could you send me the same? I looking at the Model 1 and the J&T 6.5 and can't decide which one. I'm saving the money now.
08-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Grey Wolf Wrote:Could you send me the same? I looking at the Model 1 and the J&T 6.5 and can't decide which one. I'm saving the money now. DONE!! A320pylt
08-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Grey Wolf Wrote:Could you send me the same? I looking at the Model 1 and the J&T 6.5 and can't decide which one. I'm saving the money now. Just recognize the J&T will be a proper grendel chamber and bolt. M1S has a history of non-std chambers and the weaker 7.62x39 bolt. And the associated problems that go with it. Historically the cost difference between the two is minimal, and J&T has a much better grendel reputation.
08-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Dust Wrote:IF you are willing, I would like to know how much you paid out the door for the upper. Been back and forth on a used AA, or new M1SPrices for Model 1 Sales are listed right on their website. You can select a base upper and then configure it as you wish with various options. Here is a link to their website, it should help you out as you look over the various options you'll simply need to add the options to the base price to get your total. Select the barrel length then select your options. LINK => http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm?fus...ory_id=646
08-23-2012, 01:06 AM
Melensdad, I understand the the pricing is listed, but it always seems to get more expensive as parts are added. I have come up with $800-900 for a $550 upper. I simply wanted to know what he had in the upper.
pinzgauer Wrote:Just recognize the J&T will be a proper grendel chamber and bolt. M1S has a history of non-std chambers and the weaker 7.62x39 bolt. And the associated problems that go with it. But M1S has more choices than J&T. If I got what I wanted, a 24" heavy barrel, that would leave me with the GDMR or Overwatch from AA, or the 24" Grendel from M1S
08-23-2012, 04:12 AM
Not sure about that, I'd call J&T or look in their paper catalog. (down load the PDF) You can add over 100 options to their configs. What is it you are looking for? I'm pretty sure they had long HB's. I owned a J&T 20" Bull barrel, and it was incredibly accurate. (A friend talked me out of it and still has it) Loved the Hornady factory ammo and was very good with multiple reloads.
08-23-2012, 04:16 AM
24" heavy barrel (only see 20" heavy and 22" bull on the site). Low-pro gas block and partial or full quadrail.
This is what I see on their site http://jtdistributing.net/store/kits_6_5_grendel.html
08-23-2012, 11:45 AM
08-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Pardon my French, but their website designer needs to be fired.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|