Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
300 yd group with the new 20" grendel
#1
[Image: 001.jpg]
Shooting the 108's at 2795 avg of 5 shots. The shoot n see is a 3". Group measures 1.120 outside to outside. Subtract the .264 and that measures .856 or .285 moa at 300 yards. This is just after doing ladder test and confirming right combo. I am happy with this for me and an AR. DA was right at 7600 and wind was left to right at 6-8mph. Gonna load some more and try it again tomorrow at extended distances, maybe a video at 1100 or further?
Reply
#2
Very nice!
Reply
#3
Excellent
Reply
#4
that barrel is crap! send it to someone(me) before wasting any more good ammo through it!LOL That is some fine shooting. Love to see the 1100 yard video.
BTW, what barrel are you shooting? must have missed your build.
Reply
#5
who's barrel?
Reply
#6
Nicely done.

What powder?
Drifter
Reply
#7
Broughton blank, had for a couple of months and just put it together and chambered last Sunday. 8.5 twist. IMR 8208xbr. I have had the wifes grendel together for a couple of months, but it is going away and making room for a 6WOA.
Reply
#8
That is insane accuracy for a gas gun, especially a 5-round group. You should have good accuracy out to 600-700yds with that velocity. If you can hold under 1 MOA at 900yds with the 108 Scenar, that is a pretty significant feat with an AR15. Looks like your 300yd zero is dialed-in.
Reply
#9
I think this is one of the groups that just happens. I do not believe it could be replicated. I was waiting for someone to say it and I would agree. Sometimes fantastic goups come together.
Reply
#10
Video at 1084. This was cold bore, 6 rounds fired, 4 impacts, 8900 DA, 5 degree down angle. Range is done with PLRF through Nomad with FFS and pulled from cabled kestral. Plate is 12" in diameter and 1.5" thick, so it does not move at all with the little bullets, it probably weighs 80 or 90 pounds. This is with 108 scenars and 8208 at 2780ish and a brand new barrel combo that I put together last sunday.

http://youtu.be/DwZMu3Cc064
Reply
#11
nice!
Reply
#12
Kick Ass Group
Reply
#13
Nice shooting! I just picked up some 8208 last night, and am looking forward to working with it.

Sean
Reply
#14
Impressive.

I used to work at the Prescott VA a few years back before getting conned into going to DC, lol. Nice area.
Reply
#15
Tech09 Wrote:Thought this was the photo area show pics to back up your Story or post where it belongs
????
Thought entry#1 was a photo.
Reply
#16
I am sorry, for some reason the pic didn't load when I looked 1st time
I found the problem, for some reason I get no pics when I look at this site at work, weird, home works fine
Reply
#17
Tech09 Wrote:I am sorry, for some reason the pic didn't load when I looked 1st time
I found the problem, for some reason I get no pics when I look at this site at work, weird, home works fine

A lot of companies block photos from message boards to prevent viruses from getting in through them.
Reply
#18
very impressed
Reply
#19
Azprc Wrote:I think this is one of the groups that just happens. I do not believe it could be replicated. I was waiting for someone to say it and I would agree. Sometimes fantastic goups come together.
Too true -- the laws of statistics agree.

One point, however, those same laws tell us that it is really, really difficult to get a fantastic group unless the general accuracy of the rifle, load and shooter are all very good in the first place.

Good shooting!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)