Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
CA Bill to amend definition of Assult Rifle
#21
If this isn't a blazing example of the "wedge" obammo referred to I don't know what is. NEVER GIVE AN INCH!!! The grabbers will never back off!!! They use any incremental gain as a foot hold to push even deeper.
Reply
#22
Deezil Wrote:dont get me started on gun bans and all that other crap, Ill probably get banned! Im trying to figure out a way out of washington also...
Yeah, few people can just pack up and leave for a "free" state, no matter how much they might dislike the gun laws where they are now.

I am rather glad rickOshay posted the info on this bill, though. After my health seemed to take a slight turn for the better during the last several weeks, I began again seriously thinking about buying an AA 14.5 Tactical. This proposed change in the law has caused me to cancel that notion. But that's okay. I've had a long dislike of AR15s anyway, and after selling mine in 1995, had vowed to never buy another one. So this legislation just saved me from making an expensive mistake... Cool
Reply
#23
The proverbial Camel's nose under the tent. When BO is re-elected that will be #1 on his agenda. They are just testing the waters now to see how much outrage this creates.
Reply
#24
stanc Wrote:I've had a long dislike of AR15s anyway, and after selling mine in 1995, had vowed to never buy another one.

why?
Reply
#25
stanc Wrote:am rather glad rickOshay posted the info on this bill

I hope you you'll help those of us who have expended precious resources by contacting you state senator and assemblyman. Because it does not appear that the State would reimburse us for our losses...... IF this Bill goes through.
Reply
#26
Deezil Wrote:why?
What do I dislike about AR15s?

Minor stuff:
- The Sproing! sound of the buffer spring on firing.
- The safety, when operated, sounds and feels like a toy.
- Access to the chamber.

More important stuff:
- Forward assist.
- Charging handle configuration and location.
- Length of A2 fixed stock.
- Feel of telescoping stock.
- Shape and dimensions of pistol grip.
- Shape and width of handguards.
- Balance and handling.

My M1A was perfect in regard to shape and dimensions of the stock, fore end, and pistol grip. Plus, it had ideal fit, feel, balance and handling.

[Image: M14.jpg]

I considered trying to customize an AR15 to have the same qualities as my M1A, but I never found a suitable fore end. Besides, it'd cost a ton of money to do such modifications, and who knows how it would turn out.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)