Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Can I post here?
#1
There seems to be some "bad blood" between some of the 6.5 people and some of the .264lbc people on this forum.
I've got a barrel on order that is a ".264lbc" and wanted to make sure that, if I have questions and/or comments that I wanted to post here, I wouldn't "get chased out of the room".
In regards to the selection of barrel makers, I - (a) I had read some good reviews; (b) had a recommendation from someone I trust; © prices were reasonable; (d) delivery time seemed good.
I have learned a lot from "lurking" here and hope to become more involved as my build begins/progresses.
As far as the 6.5 vs .264 arguement ---- "I won't call your baby ugly if you don't call mine ugly". Big Grin
Reply
#2
I think you'll find this forum is pretty accepting of all of the varients. Post away and welcome!
Reply
#3
I dont think youll have any trouble here. A couple of the veterans on here can be kind of blunt sometimes, but they dont intend to offend, that being said, those same veterans are very knowledgeable and opinionated, but thats why we come here! welcome
Reply
#4
I currently have one of each chambering. So far, I'm still allowed to hang out here...

Stick around and enjoy yourself.
Drifter
Reply
#5
Not a problem here, I think all babies are ugly. You'll be shooting Grendel ammo, the rest is potato, patato.

Welcome.
Reply
#6
Drifter Wrote:I currently have one of each chambering. So far, I'm still allowed to hang out here...

Stick around and enjoy yourself.

Do you see a difference in the way the two rifles shoot? Do you have a preference?
Reply
#7
It's a real good group here.

What did you order for a barrel?
Reply
#8
20" BHW, .750 at gas block, target crown.
Reply
#9
seatleroadwr Wrote:Do you see a difference in the way the two rifles shoot? Do you have a preference?

No perceivable difference in accuracy or reliability using handloads and domestic factory ammo.
Drifter
Reply
#10
No bad blood, just pointing out the differences so potential customers know kinda what to expect. You may or may not have to tweak your COAL and charge weights from published Grendel data when loading for the .264 LBC chamber, but there are a few companies out there with unkown chamber data, calling them 6.5 Grendel, .264 LBC, 6.5 Improved, etc.

We've had some members who bought a rifle or upper marked with something akin to "Grendel", only to learn that the chambers are not Grendel, and don't feed or extract factory ammo at all. This has turned them off to the cartridge, and guess which name gets the responsibility for their woes? Then they tell their friends what a piece of crap it was, the headache they had, and word-of-mouth spreads.

As long as you stick to reputable manufacturers, even for the .264 LBC chambers, you should be good to go. For example, Les Baer is a well-known quality firearms manufacturer with years of experience making quality firearms.

I personally like the fact that an actual Grendel chamber uses the compound throat to align projectiles of various types, to improve accuracy, while having forgiving neck dimensions for reliable feeding in a self-loader. I have held off purchasing several barrels now because they did not have the SAAMI Grendel chamber, and the prices on them have been so affordable that it would be a negligable expense for me.

In the end, there isn't a huge difference in the Grendel and .264 LBC chambers.
Reply
#11
Welcome, Bugboy, great to have ya!

John
:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Reply
#12
I have been eyeing some of the BHW barrels for some time let me know how it shoots.
Reply
#13
Welcome, bugboy!

I'm new here too and, as of yet, have not seen a single flame war...pretty rare for any forum I've visited.

I've found the folks here to be very giving with their knowledge and experiences. Thanks again, fellas!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)