Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How to remove the carbon fiber forend on my Overwatch...
#1
Would someone please tell me how, or quote a link to where i can find detailed instructions on how to remove the carbon fiber forend on my AA Overwatch...Thanks.
Reply
#2
From the pictures it looks like is glued to the barrel nut if so I believe you would have to destroy I o get it off
Reply
#3
I really hope that is not the case...how in the heck are you supposed to wipe down the barrel if you cannot remove the handguard??
Reply
#4
If you can fit a cleaning rod around the gas bloc that would work or you could remove the gas block if you have your heart set on wiping that part of the barrel though you shouldnt need to unles you took the gun swiming or something if your worried about rust just lightly spray some oil under the hand guard but it's a stainless barrel you should be fine
Reply
#5
It looks to me like you could use a strap wrench to remove the hand guard.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/493447/...r-capacity
Reply
#6
Comeone, someone here has to know how they come off...
Reply
#7
Bwild97 Wrote:It looks to me like you could use a strap wrench to remove the hand guard.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/493447/...r-capacity

This is the way to go and you should be able to remove the tube this way. You might want to pencil mark the barrel nut against both the handguard and the upper to see what part starts to loosen. The nut won't move far with the gas tube but if it moves first then the tube may be epoxied on.
Reply
#8
Have you check with AA?
Reply
#9
Have not checked with AA.... I know someone on here knows how it's done, they at AA are too busy IMO to answer that question.... Y'all are holding out....hmmmm
Reply
#10
I'm not sure if the carbon fiber forend on my Ultralight is the same as the one on the overwatch but I would think that they probably are. On mine I just used a strap wrench on the ring to loosen it. Once it was loose the carbon tube can be removed by sliding it forward.
Bob
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)