Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
AA 20" Lightweight Upper on order!!
#1
Okay Fellas, it took a while for me to decide but I ended up with AA. I originally had my eyes on a Kies 18" MK I upper but they are on perpetual backorder at Joe Bob's and Kies never returned my email inquiries.

20" lightweight (fluted) barrel, composite float tube, picatinny gas block and A2 flash hider. I kinda wanted a cold hammer forged barrel and the .295 neck chamber but you guys have had pretty good words for AA so I decided to dive in.

I've got a LMT lower with LMT two-stage trigger that this upper is engaged to.

I intended to use it to shoot high-power metallic silhouettes (I know it's not a legal config for metallic silhouettes but it's an informal course of fire). I thought it would be a fun project to see how it compares to my Savage 110 in .308. I know that a .260 Rem bolt gun would have been much cheaper but I can't let you guys have all the fun!

I tossed around the idea of a 24" barrel but I think that config might be a tad heavy. Also, there's a remote chance I may shoot some flesh & bone hogs with it and I didn't think 24" would be suitable for hunting. Anyways, metallic silhouettes is shot off-hand so the utmost is accuracy is not as important as a steady stance. I'm sure I could use the extra velocity to knock down those steel hogs but 24" seems a little extreme for shooting from any position other than prone or on a bench.

I'm sure it will be several months before my order is filled so I'd love to hear any opinions or advice before I actually take delivery.

Thanks again, guys, for being there...
Reply
#2
Sounds great! Maybe it won't take to long, can't wait to get mine from Templar.
Reply
#3
ricsmall Wrote:Sounds great! Maybe it won't take to long, can't wait to get mine from Templar.

Tell me you got the Multi-Calibre Weapon System. That thing is nuts!
Reply
#4
After reading a bit more on this forum, I'm glad to be supporting the folks who brought this cartridge to life.
Reply
#5
I did not, but I think it is in the near future.that is one neat system. Right now though I'm building a long range hunting/target rig.
Reply
#6
I don't shoot silhouettes, but your logic sounds pretty sound to me JDub. I'd say you chose well.Smile
Reply
#7
Can tell you that the upper from AA is worth the wait! I waited about 10 weeks for mine, and was not disappointed when it finally arrived! Looks great, feeds flawlessly, and shoots better than I can. I LOVE this thing! Think you will too. Plan on it being my deer rifle in lieu of my 7mm Rem Mag Model 70. The Geissle trigger works wonders, too. Highly recommend it. I have the SSA and it has a remarkable pull, clean break, and is very easy to shoot. Enjoy when it comes!
Phil
Reply
#8
The problem is I CAN'T WAIT 10 WEEKS!!! You guys got me feelin' like a kid waiting for Xmas knowing my folks, er Santa, got me a new bike!

We need to start a support group for guys waiting for their goodies to arrive.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)