Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
30 cal comp
#1
I am building my first ar in 6.5 and I am not seeing many comps or suppressor mounts specifically for the 6.5. I have a surefire comp that I love on another rifle and I could step up to the 30 caliber comp and suppressor but I'm really wondering how much of a difference that would make since it is about a millimeter wider? Has anyone here done that and what is the difference?

Thank you
Reply
#2
Shooting supersonic it won't make much difference noise wise with the 30 cal supressors the breake may be slightly less efficient but I think the surefire can mounts are backwards comparable to smaller calibers so you could use the 6.8 comp with the 30cal can but call surefire to cheek
Reply
#3
Thank you

I called surefire and you are correct. I am not sure how much room I have on the barrel to accommodate the long overlap but I will have to find out.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)