Posts: 2,075
Threads: 35
Joined: Mar 2011
l wouldn't call this a pissing match at all. Just a discussion on technique and personal experiences. After all, that's what these forums are for.
BWT you do have a nice rifle there. How does she shoot?
Posts: 783
Threads: 65
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,444
Threads: 97
Joined: Mar 2011
Outsider Wrote:And did i mention how much scrubbing and how many patches it takes to get that barrel clean!!! I hope all this fuss over breaking in the barrel is worth it...i am at 5 shots and 5 complete scrubdowns...and about half of a trash bag full of patches....
It's a sweet rifle!! Sorry 'bout the distraction and off topic stuff. I just wanted you to enjoy it shooting instead of cleaning!!
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live. - John Galt
Posts: 1,827
Threads: 111
Joined: Jun 2011
Nice looking rifle. Is it a Shilen barrel?
If it is a Shilen barrel, there will be a S behind the gas block!
I love the Clean uncluttered look!! exactly how a Black Rifle should look!!
I started off the thread with nice looking rifle bro.
A320
I wasn't serious about the pissing battle comment...it wasn't advertised as a shilen barrel but I can't see behind the gas block to confirm.... I will give it a good hard look when I get home from work on Friday... I work out of town so I am without the rifle at the moment
Posts: 1,827
Threads: 111
Joined: Jun 2011
was it advertised as a "match" grade barrel?
Posts: 2,412
Threads: 31
Joined: Mar 2011
Well: "Ooh!" that is a nice looking rifle.
You should take it to the Whitehorse range and shoot it. Then we can "Aah" about the nice groups you'll likely get with it.
If you have any time off while in Bridgeport the Whitehorse range is fairly close to you. They have a 100 yard range that is open to the public, and they also have a 600 yard range. When the schedule permits closing the rest of the range, they can also shoot 1000 yards. The leadership has changed since last I went there, so I'm not up on the latest particulars though. Either way, it may be worth looking into if you are interested.
It was advertised as a "Match Barrel" I'll make no bones about it, i am not a competitive shooter, every time we went to the range when i was in the Air Force i shot like 48/50 and one 49/50...I can shoot, but my skills more than likely will not be able to tell the difference between barrels.
Nice rifle now all the fun starts!