MrSurgicalPrecision
Unregistered
Hey guys, we had our second invitational YouTube shoot here in West Virginia this weekend. We were honored to have Bob Reynolds from
http://templarcustom.com/ in attendance to demo some of his outstanding product and allow us the opportunity to run his weapons through the ringer.
I'll be posting several videos here from the shoot. Not all of them are related directly to 6.5 Grendel stuff but they are interesting. Bob makes some really outstanding products. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a 12" Race Rail from him so I'll be doing some videos on it as well. If you want to share the videos with your friends I'd appreciate it. It will help Bob and me out greatly. Thanks.
Anyway here's the first video I got uploaded. Any fans of the .50 Beowulf should love it.
[video=youtube;x7sb5rdTrco]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7sb5rdTrco[/video]
MrSurgicalPrecision
Unregistered
Here's a quick demo of his Fast Rail system by TeamRedDawnKY.
[video=youtube;clscEKrLV7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clscEKrLV7c&feature=plcp[/video]
MrSurgicalPrecision
Unregistered
This is a test of his integral suppressor system on a 5.56 against a Gemtech HALO and a full auto function test.
[video=youtube;MwZTsSMr-DU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwZTsSMr-DU&feature=youtu.be[/video]
MrSurgicalPrecision
Unregistered
.50 Beowulf versus zombie head analogs (AKA watermelon). This is another one of Bob's rifles with a new muzzle brake design and we were firing from 100 yards. Video by TacticalAR15Master.
[video=youtube;s4YhOCOyrsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4YhOCOyrsU&feature=g-u-u[/video]
Posts: 692
Threads: 63
Joined: Nov 2011
Cool vid. Like the full auto Beowulf that is just nasty!¡¡
MrSurgicalPrecision
Unregistered
[video=youtube;iOLG_wJoNbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOLG_wJoNbQ&feature=g-u-u[/video]
is that a race rail or fast rail on either of the autos? Bob's building me a 6.5 Bartlein Grendel with 14.5" race rail-curious as to what it looks like in the flesh.
Where were you guys at?? I trek between bridgeport charleston and parkersburg on a weekly basis....you can't be that far from me...
MrSurgicalPrecision
Unregistered
bobke Wrote:is that a race rail or fast rail on either of the autos? Bob's building me a 6.5 Bartlein Grendel with 14.5" race rail-curious as to what it looks like in the flesh.
The smooth bottom one is the race rail. I'm rendering a video installing that on my competition carbine right now. The quad rail is called the fast rail. We switched calibers and handguards around all day. In the Beowulf video the first one was the Race rail and the second one was the Fast rail.
MrSurgicalPrecision
Unregistered
Outsider Wrote:Where were you guys at?? I trek between bridgeport charleston and parkersburg on a weekly basis....you can't be that far from me...
Down in Wyoming county between Logan and Oceana. We've got an old strip mine we shoot in. It's got ranges exceeding 2000 yards.
Posts: 2,075
Threads: 35
Joined: Mar 2011
MrSurgicalPrecision
Unregistered
The new Templar Race Rail.[video=youtube;VHVroulXfKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHVroulXfKo&feature=g-u-u[/video]
What was your impression of the two suppresors side by side? I have fired the Templar on a Grendel. The only thing I have to compare to is a Sure Fire on a 5.56 (much louder).
RR
MrSurgicalPrecision
Unregistered
RangerRick Wrote:What was your impression of the two suppresors side by side? I have fired the Templar on a Grendel. The only thing I have to compare to is a Sure Fire on a 5.56 (much louder).
RR
The Templar and Gemtech HALO on a 5.56 were indistinguishable to me. The Gemtch might have been a touch louder but if you closed your eyes and listened to the shots you couldn't tell which one was shooting. I think the Templar is a really good design, especially since you can take it apart for cleaning.