Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Starting the Build
#21
ricsmall Wrote:And, Buster, any crimson blooded tide fan knows our next one will be #15! LOL

13, 14, 15, 16...it doesn't matter....it's hard to keep track...us boys down in Dixie (SEC) know how to play football...!
Reply
#22
affirmative on that buster! nice talking with you and keep shooting straight!
Reply
#23
Thanks,,,,Looking forward to your report on that build up with that Templar barrel!
Reply
#24
The more I shoot it the better it gets...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2127&d=1343417010]

5 shots @ 100 yds
Reply
#25
Nice work! Which ammo? I'm still waiting on my barrel, I sure hope its good! Keep up the good shooting.
Reply
#26
Looks like it worked out for you. What Viper PST did you get? MRAD or MOA? Using the 123gr AMAX, you'll be about 1.2 Mils low at 300yds, or 4.25 MOA, assuming a 2600fps mv at sea level.
Reply
#27
Using Hornady 123gr AMAX. Went with the Viper PST MOA model.
Thanks for the drop info!

I'm well pleased with how this unit turned out. It's a pleasure to shoot....I could shoot it all day long..
Reply
#28
After about 500 rds through this unit I finally walked my lazy ass out 200yds, set my target up, played with the Vortex for a few shots and produced this 5-shot, nickel sized group last week with some 123g Hornady AMAX:

[Image: img047a_zps0447cbce.jpg]

This factory ammo in this unit shoots like a freakin' laser
Reply
#29
Nice to see its doing well buster. Im at about 160 rounds through mine and it seems to get better every outing. Keep up the good work.
Reply
#30
LRRPF52 Wrote:Grizzly.com has several 6.5mm Bartlein blanks ready to go right now.

Whats the deal with those 6.5mm barrels on grizzly.com. Are they for grendels? Do you need to get them finished at a gunsmith?

http://www.grizzly.com/products/6-5mm-5R...rel/T10563
Reply
#31
ricsmall Wrote:Nice to see its doing well buster. Im at about 160 rounds through mine and it seems to get better every outing. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Ric...maybe one of these days we can hook up and send some down range
Reply
#32
XcountryRider Wrote:Whats the deal with those 6.5mm barrels on grizzly.com. Are they for grendels? Do you need to get them finished at a gunsmith?

http://www.grizzly.com/products/6-5mm-5R...rel/T10563



Yes, they have to be finished by gunsmith. Profiling,chambered,extension installed,gas port drilled, and crowned.


Buster, I'd like to try and get up with you one day and burn some powder. I'll stay in touch, as I should get a little freed up in about a month or so.
Reply
#33
ricsmall Wrote:Yes, they have to be finished by gunsmith. Profiling,chambered,extension installed,gas port drilled, and crowned.


Buster, I'd like to try and get up with you one day and burn some powder. I'll stay in touch, as I should get a little freed up in about a month or so.

I got an AR-Stoner which is a Saturn Barrel sold by Liberty to Midway. They use a Stainless Steel Button Barrel in 5R with 1:8 twist. I got the 24" barrel-bolt set finished and ready to go for $319. Just have to get on notification and hit it at the right time. I got mine a few months back and wasn't even planning on getting it but saw it pop up and scooped it up. Been buying part after part for 2 months and almost ready to go. Next is optics....

Ready to assemble it now so just keep reading up on all of the tips you guys are putting out there. Keep the great posts going and really like your "Reach out and touch someone" set up! SCOPE IS AWSOME...
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)