Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
SAAMI accepted the 6.5 Grendel as a standard cartridge!
#1
(Bill Alexander of Alexander Arms relinquished its trademark status & opened the cartridge to industry development.) From page 20 of the [book of the AR-15] by Guns & Ammo. on the gun rag stands as we speak.

Hornady submitted the the cartridge as designed by Alexander to SAMMI and they accepted it. YAHOO!

Hopfully everybody will start making 6.5 Grendel barrels now. I know what my next build will be! Now do I choose an 18 or 20 inch bbl?
Reply
#2
Welcome! This was posted about 7 months ago:

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...ight=SAAMI

Glad to have you on board!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#3
Glade to be aboard. I guess that G&A is a bit slow on printing the story.
Reply
#4
DHumbarger Wrote:Glade to be aboard. I guess that G&A is a bit slow on printing the story.

It's basically a lead time issue. Those AR15 mags are worked on for about 6 months or so before they hit the stands.

But, we're glad to have the new member! Be sure to post when you get your rifle built!
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply
#5
Welcome. Most influential people in the firearms industry that I spoke with at this year's (2012) SHOT were still under the impression that Bill A. was trying to keep the cartridge away from everyone else, and hadn't even heard that it was SAAMI-approved. This included executives from the "Freedom Group", R&D people for CZ, DSA, Knight's MFG, etc.
Reply
#6
welcome to the horde. yea, i read an article about the .17 hornet at least 4 months after my uncle told me about it! like bwaites said, its a lead time issue with the mags.
Reply
#7
Thanks for the welcome folks. The more that I study the grendel the more intriging/confusing it becomes. I have built several 6.5 Grendel bolt guns on the little CZ 527 actions. They all shot sub MOA groups. Lothar Walther sells SS barrels threaded & chambered for the little CZ. Just need to headspace to the action.

Set me straight. Surfing the net for grendel info I ran into info on the 264 lbc. Is this thing just a Grendel with a tighter neck (.295 vs .300) & different throat angle? Please someone untangle this web.:confused::confused::confused:
Reply
#8
yes, the 264 LBC lacks the compound throat angle of the grendel, and a small neck. It is supposedly tailored to the 123 A max. I cant say that for sure as Ive not seen much data on it
Reply
#9
But the one thing the article may do is raise awareness of the cartridge to the masses, and build more momentum that is definitely in our favor. Even late news can get the ball rolling.
Reply
#10
fanofflyn Wrote:But the one thing the article may do is raise awareness of the cartridge to the masses, and build more momentum that is definitely in our favor. Even late news can get the ball rolling.
Especially if the industry execs get their news from G&A.
Reply
#11
DHumbarger Wrote:Thanks for the welcome folks. The more that I study the grendel the more intriging/confusing it becomes. I have built several 6.5 Grendel bolt guns on the little CZ 527 actions. They all shot sub MOA groups. Lothar Walther sells SS barrels threaded & chambered for the little CZ. Just need to headspace to the action.

Set me straight. Surfing the net for grendel info I ran into info on the 264 lbc. Is this thing just a Grendel with a tighter neck (.295 vs .300) & different throat angle? Please someone untangle this web.:confused::confused::confused:

How 'bout some pics of those bolt guns?
Reply
#12
I don't have the guns. They were built for customers. I'll see if I can get a pic on one though.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)