Posts: 245
Threads: 54
Joined: Oct 2011
This the email I got today:
At this time, we are awaiting further contact from the machine shop regarding the continued production of 18-inch barrels.
Sounds like continued production is in question???
So, are the Midway barrels that bad?
I just cancelled my order for my 18" AA barrel and ordered an 18" AR15 performance barrel in 264lbc/6.5 grendel and its already shipped.
seatleroadwr
Unregistered
I just ordered a 6.5 CSS from CSS I I received an email this morning indicating that it will ship in the next 10 days. If I receive it before the AA barrel I ordered 6 weeks ago, I'll cancel the AA barrel.
I just canceled my order for an 18" from AA. Order placed first of January and to this day they say they have no clue when or if they will have any 18" to offer any time soon. I going with another company that has barrels in stock and can ship next day.
03cobra: Let us know where you find 18" barrels in stock( after you order yours first of course).
It would be nice to know who has 18" barrels in stock.
Thanks and good luck.
Lee
Nice shooting! There's nothing wrong with that. Is it their standard 24"?
I just recieved my barrel from AR15performance.com its an 18" 6.5G/264lbc and it got here a day before they said it would. Plus it was free shipping
Posts: 369
Threads: 53
Joined: Mar 2012
FiremanTx Wrote:Yeah, I think it is listed as their lite barrel now with the updated website. I am very happy with how it did today. Going to try and get back out next week to get it zeroed at 200 and then possibly do some shooting out to 500 or 600 yards as soon as I can. Need to stretch her out a little!
That is great shooting. Looking forward to see what she can do with her legs strecthed. BTW handloads ?s.
Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.
Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.
Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........
Firemantex, How long did it take for your barrel to be delivered? Nice shootin by the way!
I ordered a side charger upper and a 20" combo on april 10th and was told 2-3 weeks. Today I only sent an e-mail asking if I could upgrade to the better bolt and was told There is an 8 week backorder on the barells. I didn't even ask. Not only did they blow smoke up my ass but they just give a generic reply to e-mails?
I want to know why they couldn't ship my upper and bolt carrier. Yeah Yeah I know the whole industry is swamped, so why are other companies turning orders around faster?
I'm not a patient man but I would be satisfied with a reasonable TRUTHFUL explanation. Its not like we are ordering super special custom guns here. Its a run of the mill barrel.
Just frustrated
Nope, Hornady Amax 123s right out of the box. I think that is the thing I'm most excited about,
Thanks Rock, it took about 12 wks to get my barrel, and like you I got different dates when I called. I spoke with a lady there at AA and she was telling me 4-6 wks each time. I finally called and talked to a guy and said they honestly had no idea when they were going to get them in and that industry wide was slow moving. I know it took them a long time to get it to me, but I am more than happy that I waited, seems to be a great barrel.
Hi guys,
I just ordered my AA 6.5 20" heavy barrel. The wait is going to suck. We'll see how long it takes.
Well its been 6 months and still no expected delivery date from AA for my barrel. Their service SUCKS!!!! They kept stringing me along for 6 months with their crap. " should be in the next couple weeks" . That was their answer everytime I contact them. I cancelled the order today!!!!
I got a Shilen 6.5 Grendel barrel from Midway. Its at the my machine shop now getting threaded for my muzzel brake!
Wow, that sucks. Hopefully this one treats you well. I just went ahead and ordered one from AR15performance.com got it in about a week.