Posts: 1,009
Threads: 80
Joined: May 2020
In stock and it's rather expensive. Never played with the stuff so I'd probably grab just 1#, but after cost, hazmat, shipping, tax... 1# is over $100 so I'll hard pass. Too rich for me. Any of you billionaires, please feel free to endulge.
https://shop.hodgdon.com/hodgdon-varget/
Posts: 185
Threads: 12
Joined: Jan 2021
Local supplier by me has it in stock right now for $43.75
Posts: 145
Threads: 3
Joined: Feb 2018
My LGS has it as well. I would check local. If Hodgdon is selling, then local dealers may have it.
I just wish 322 would come back on the market.
Posts: 162
Threads: 3
Joined: Sep 2022
I found some cheaper at Powder Valley a couple of weeks ago, but now it is sold out. Sportsman's Warehouse in Portland also had some.
It doesn't provide the highest velocities for both 223/556 and 6.5G bullets, but for me it produces some of my tightest groups. I love Varget!
Posts: 1,613
Threads: 24
Joined: Sep 2014
DeNinny Wrote:I found some cheaper at Powder Valley a couple of weeks ago, but now it is sold out. Sportsman's Warehouse in Portland also had some.
It doesn't provide the highest velocities for both 223/556 and 6.5G bullets, but for me it produces some of my tightest groups. I love Varget!
Both are good reasons to use the stuff!
shootersnotes.com
"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-- Author Unknown
"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle
Posts: 162
Threads: 3
Joined: Sep 2022
JASmith Wrote:Both are good reasons to use the stuff!
Yup. And another reason is temp stability.
I also like feeling the crunch when loading a compressed load with it.
Posts: 72
Threads: 15
Joined: Aug 2017
Mid-south has Varget on sale for 33 a pound SW Tactical for 189 for a eight pounder.