Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Varget
#1
In stock and it's rather expensive. Never played with the stuff so I'd probably grab just 1#, but after cost, hazmat, shipping, tax... 1# is over $100 so I'll hard pass. Too rich for me. Any of you billionaires, please feel free to endulge.

https://shop.hodgdon.com/hodgdon-varget/
Reply
#2
Local supplier by me has it in stock right now for $43.75
Reply
#3
My LGS has it as well. I would check local. If Hodgdon is selling, then local dealers may have it.

I just wish 322 would come back on the market.
Reply
#4
I found some cheaper at Powder Valley a couple of weeks ago, but now it is sold out. Sportsman's Warehouse in Portland also had some.

It doesn't provide the highest velocities for both 223/556 and 6.5G bullets, but for me it produces some of my tightest groups. I love Varget!
Reply
#5
DeNinny Wrote:I found some cheaper at Powder Valley a couple of weeks ago, but now it is sold out. Sportsman's Warehouse in Portland also had some.

It doesn't provide the highest velocities for both 223/556 and 6.5G bullets, but for me it produces some of my tightest groups. I love Varget!

Both are good reasons to use the stuff!
shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle
Reply
#6
JASmith Wrote:Both are good reasons to use the stuff!

Yup. And another reason is temp stability.

I also like feeling the crunch when loading a compressed load with it. Smile
Reply
#7
Mid-south has Varget on sale for 33 a pound SW Tactical for 189 for a eight pounder.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)