Posts: 137
Threads: 22
Joined: Apr 2022
I have a good supply of rather expensive Hornady 123 gr SST ammo, and I can load up 100 or so Nosler 100 gr BTs. Since I dont want to buy more of the Hornady (at that price) and I cant replace the Nosler bullets these days, I need a good plinking bullet, and if its up to use on pigs, that would be a side benefit. Whats available and useable?
Posts: 938
Threads: 47
Joined: Oct 2019
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
Posts: 137
Threads: 22
Joined: Apr 2022
I ordered 200 of the 95s. Thanks.
Posts: 16
Threads: 3
Joined: Sep 2021
Did you get the blems or the Hornady factory bullets I noticed that had both this morning.
Posts: 938
Threads: 47
Joined: Oct 2019
The 95gn blems are sold out. The Hornady Factory 95gn VMAX are still in stock.
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
Posts: 147
Threads: 15
Joined: Mar 2019
The speer 90g tnt is way cheaper than the factory seconds @ just under $20 per 100 from midwayusa. I also have better accuracy with the tnt over the vmax. Seems kinda pricey to me for factory seconds.
Posts: 137
Threads: 22
Joined: Apr 2022
Where can you buy the Speer 90 gr TNT? I havent looked in the last day or two, but Id sure buy some if I could.
I bought the blemished 95s. Price was, i think, 27 cents each.
Posts: 147
Threads: 15
Joined: Mar 2019
603 Country Wrote:Where can you buy the Speer 90 gr TNT? I havent looked in the last day or two, but Id sure buy some if I could.
I bought the blemished 95s. Price was, i think, 27 cents each.
I just bought some last night from midway, just over $50 for 2 boxes of 100. I love speer tnt, about the only bullets I shoot for plinking and coyote hunting, so good I run them in my 223's also.
Posts: 147
Threads: 15
Joined: Mar 2019
603 Country Wrote:Where can you buy the Speer 90 gr TNT? I havent looked in the last day or two, but Id sure buy some if I could.
I bought the blemished 95s. Price was, i think, 27 cents each.
Ordered 2 boxes last night from midway, just over $50 including shipping.
Posts: 147
Threads: 15
Joined: Mar 2019
603 Country Wrote:, and if its up to use on pigs, that would be a side benefit. Whats available and useable?
Doublenaughtyspy has killed a ton of pigs with the Speer 90g tnt. Look in the hunting section of this forum for his videos..
Posts: 1,348
Threads: 98
Joined: Jun 2019
Another vote for the 90 grain TNT, they shoot lights out in all my Grendels.
Posts: 137
Threads: 22
Joined: Apr 2022
I looked for them on Midway, but it said they were out of stock. Id better look again.
Posts: 147
Threads: 15
Joined: Mar 2019
603 Country Wrote:I looked for them on Midway, but it said they were out of stock. Id better look again.
Go to speer.com they are in stock. A bit more at speer but if you spend $100 you get free shipping.
Posts: 147
Threads: 15
Joined: Mar 2019
603 Country Wrote:I looked for them on Midway, but it said they were out of stock. Id better look again.
Yup, gone already. They don't last long, keep an eye out at speer.com also.
Posts: 466
Threads: 49
Joined: Nov 2020
They are showing 27.99 a box
Posts: 137
Threads: 22
Joined: Apr 2022
06-05-2022, 09:03 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2022, 09:15 PM by 603 Country.)
My iPad shows out, with no back order on the 90s.
Im now on the alert list for the bullet.
Posts: 1,285
Threads: 47
Joined: Feb 2019
90 TNT are by far the best value Grendel bullets out there. By far. Accurate, terminally effective. Only place they don't shine as well is at extended ranges. If you aren't take 400 yard trophy shots, then game on.
Posts: 137
Threads: 22
Joined: Apr 2022
The bullets would be primarily for paper punching, plinking, and pig shooting, and the pig shooting would typically be at less than 200 yards. The grandkids and I will use the rifle, and those grandkids can run through some ammo in a hurry. So, I want good useful ammo but keep it as inexpensive as I can.
I appreciate the valuable knowledge sharing of the forum folk.
Posts: 941
Threads: 46
Joined: Sep 2016
midsouth has the 123 hpbt for @ 32cpb atm