I just read the two announcements of primers for sale here. I also noticed also that they are at least TWICE the price that they should be. I am happy I don't need any, but I'm sure I will in the future! Although I do understand the concept of supply and demand, I have to wonder if the costs to manufacture are double, is there any step in the distribution now that wasn't there a couple of years ago that is double cost, are the wholesalers and/or the retailers doubling the price to line their pockets? I feel this is not a healthy practice of capitalism, but mainly, just wonder, who's getting it?
I will continue to refuse to buy under these conditions!
I just read the two announcements of primers for sale here. I also noticed also that they are at least TWICE the price that they should be. I am happy I don't need any, but I'm sure I will in the future! Although I do understand the concept of supply and demand, I have to wonder if the costs to manufacture are double, is there any step in the distribution now that wasn't there a couple of years ago that is double cost, are the wholesalers and/or the retailers doubling the price to line their pockets? I feel this is not a healthy practice of capitalism, but mainly, just wonder, who's getting it?
I will continue to refuse to buy under these conditions!
Just my $0.04
Redraider
raw materials costs are up over 30%. labor shortages have increased manufacturing costs using thise materials
distribution costs have shot way up, almost double.
i would say its an easy 50% if not more increase in some prices
part of it too is a monopoly. When Remington went bankrupt, Vista Outdoors bought the ammo division. So Vista Outdoors owns (primer makers) CCI, Remington, Federal. Olin owns Winchester. So it went from 3 competitors down to two competitors. VO is recording record profits right now. they're buying back stock and paying off debt. this is not all of it but a big part of it. I notice the FTC said nary a word about VO acquiring Rem ammo and creating a monopoly. obviously sporting goods consumers don't count as consumers. yes material cost has gone up, and with lots of people out for covid, manufacturing output is down, but part of the cost is VO can set the price they want right now and there's only 1 competitor they have to be concerned about.
-tdbru
I just read the two announcements of primers for sale here. I also noticed also that they are at least TWICE the price that they should be. I am happy I don't need any, but I'm sure I will in the future! Although I do understand the concept of supply and demand, I have to wonder if the costs to manufacture are double, is there any step in the distribution now that wasn't there a couple of years ago that is double cost, are the wholesalers and/or the retailers doubling the price to line their pockets? I feel this is not a healthy practice of capitalism, but mainly, just wonder, who's getting it?
I will continue to refuse to buy under these conditions!
Just my $0.04
Redraider
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18615[/ATTACH]
1) Where have you been, to just now ask?
2) How have you not already read someone else post this 10 to 15 times?
3) Not mad, just curious.
Answer: "They" raise prices because people used software to buy up everything to resell it. At some price it is no longer worth doing. That price is $75/1000 limit one or 2, and $85/1000 limit 5.
I will admit primers are way over priced right now! unfortunately the only place I have been able to purchase any small rifle primers is Brownell's, nothing local! CCI#41's from Brownell's are $104 dollars a thousand, with a limit of 2k pre order, plus hasmat and tax and shipping fees! so for me it's about $ 257 THD, for 2k and this is just ridiculous for primers!!!!! but some of the powder I have been able to get like TAC and AA 2520 are around $32 dollars a pound, local pick up, The small rifle primers were my only lacking component for my AR type rifles, so I purchased 10k primers over the past 3mon's, I did not want to pay these prices nor does anyone else but it is what it is! I'd rather have them then not! and no I'm not planning to just run thru them, I will use them when necessary! I have built a few new rifles in 223wylde and a new 6.5grr, which is why I spent the money on the primers and added the extra powder for these rifles, it is still IMO cheaper to reload for these rifles and build more accurate ammo then it is to buy factory ammo IMO at today's prices! YMMV
I just read the two announcements of primers for sale here. I also noticed also that they are at least TWICE the price that they should be. I am happy I don't need any, but I'm sure I will in the future! Although I do understand the concept of supply and demand, I have to wonder if the costs to manufacture are double, is there any step in the distribution now that wasn't there a couple of years ago that is double cost, are the wholesalers and/or the retailers doubling the price to line their pockets? I feel this is not a healthy practice of capitalism, but mainly, just wonder, who's getting it?
I will continue to refuse to buy under these conditions!
Just my $0.04
Redraider
How do you think the $20.00 minimum wage is going work for you and your "I will continue to refuse to buy under these conditions!"
WOW!!!!!!!!! What a neat place to express MY opinion! This used to be a pretty decent and civil site...............I guess it has gone the route of modern politics. Which I hope we all can agree.
Redraider Wrote:WOW!!!!!!!!! What a neat place to express MY opinion! This used to be a pretty decent and civil site...............I guess it has gone the route of modern politics. Which I hope we all can agree.
Thanks for your thoughtful responses.
I'm out.
Redraider
RR:
This still is a civil site.
You expressed your opinion and guys responded. Their responses were civil and when I thought it was heading down the wrong path, I intervened. Pretty normal when things start to stray.
Not sure what you expected but I guess it wasn't so if you want to leave the Forum, you need to ask BFT.
Redraider Wrote:WOW!!!!!!!!! What a neat place to express MY opinion! This used to be a pretty decent and civil site...............I guess it has gone the route of modern politics. Which I hope we all can agree.
I get that you are frustrated many companies are making hay while the sun shines, right now.
Even without the Pandemic don't forget brand equity. The $150 Nike shoes without the logo is worth what? The difference is brand equity and is basically nothing. Same with Magpul, LaRue, Noveske and many more. How much extra do you think they add on top of cost that adds absolutely nothing to its functionality - as much as the market will bear.
Unregulated markets are the hallmark of democracy.