Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
6.5 Grendel AR15 Pressure Test
#21
LRRPF52 Wrote:There are a lot of new hand-loaders out there who need guidance, and they need it badly.

As opposed to BAD guidance.

When the 6.5 Grendel comes up on a local forum, I mention that the 52,000 psi SAAMI pressure limit is to assure good bolt life in an AR15, even though the cartridge is sometimes loaded hotter in bolt or single shot rifles. I state that it is important to stick to tested loads with AR's. I have also mentioned that with the Grendel and ARC in an AR15, you should not follow the common reloader practice of adding powder until you see pressure signs. Oh, and I steer them to this site.
Reply
#22
Holy crow.

To the best of my knowledge I hold the record for the fastest speeds ever produced from a grendel.

I did it with a bolt action. And it was a scary endeavor and I had literally 100,000 dollars to play with safety equipment too do the experiments and keep me safe from harm while doing it.

This dude is going to kill himself. I wouldnt have tryed that with that bullet even from my bolt action grendel.

Speer specifically states the 120 gold dot builds pressure fast just like a all copper bullet does, and they are 100% correct on that fact. The gold dot is my go to defense and hunting bullet for my ar grendels.

I hope somebody has got threw to this dude and got him too not do this kind of stuff again.
Reply
#23
StoneHendge Wrote:I remember that guy stopping by here a few years ago and posting a video that was a bit of a riddle IN RE some sort of ballistic phenomena with his Grendel.. He never came back to answer it.

SH:

Remember his name?

LR55
Reply
#24
LR1955 Wrote:SH:

Remember his name?

LR55

He goes by “OutdoorEdventure”

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...ad-3056FPS
Reply
#25
LR1955 Wrote:SH:

Remember his name?

LR55

His name is Ed.
Reply
#26
myrifle Wrote:His name is Ed.

Hmmmm. Talking horse, eh?

Can't remember and I normally do the real weird ones.

Thanks anyway.

LR-55
Reply
#27
I wonder if kids these days will get that.

Of course, of course.
Reply
#28
LR1955 Wrote:Hmmmm. Talking horse, eh?

Can't remember and I normally do the real weird ones.

Thanks anyway.
LR-55


yeah, but from which end...???
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply
#29
grayfox Wrote:yeah, but from which end...???

Oh GF. Negative waves.

Must have been a post I missed. 3K fps is a pretty decent speed for a 6.5mm bullet and 30 grains of powder. I imagine it is possible with an AR but not very safe. Will let you guys who haven't sheared lugs yet give it a try.

Have seen bullets disintegrate in the air from guys shooting them too fast. Match grade and varmint bullets because back in the day (BITD) they had thin jackets and of course the shooters were going 'just a little' over max. Was pretty neat to see. A little gray puff of dust a hundred or so from the barrel.

I think the best one I encountered here was a guy who swore his 85 grain Sierras were holding under a minute at 1000 yards.

LR55
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)