Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Vv 540
#1
I was curious if any of you have tried some load development VV 540 in the Grendel? Particularly with the
123-130 class bullets.
If so? Were your results with velocities and accuracy good? I have access to a couple pounds and wanted some insight before purchasing it.
Thanks
Reply
#2
There’s plenty of data for it in the Grendel Handbooks.

I used to use N540 a lot in .260 Remington under mostly 130gr Berger VLDs, but haven’t used it much in 6.5 Grendel that I can find in my logs.

Looking at both the Vihtavuori and AA data in Volumes I and II of the Grendel Handbooks, you’ll notice that there is a lot of N540 data.

First bullet weight for it in AA data is 107gr SMK, then 108gr Scenar, 120gr SMK, 123gr Scenar, 123gr SMK, 130gr Swift Scirocco, then in Vihtavuori data is the 120gr TSX, 139gr Scenar, 140gr Lapua Naturalis, followed by 144gr FMJBT and 156gr Mega.

N530 will cover everything from 100gr to 156gr.

N540 will give you moderately-higher speeds, but not the highest, and relatively good accuracy compared to a lot of powders.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)