Posts: 105
Threads: 12
Joined: Apr 2019
I have 200 Siroccos' 130g to load for my Grendel 18" and I have been unable to find any load data for them......I know I am trying to be cheap and not buy the Swift manual for 1 page of load data. Is anyone loading or have loaded this bullet? I have a good variety of powders to try. I realize the max velocity is going to be in the 2200 range but within 250 yards it will have enough velocity to expand reliably on game
Thanks for any data out there or maybe a shot of the manual page please
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
12-02-2021, 02:21 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 02:26 PM by VASCAR2.)
Alexander Arms published load data for the 6.5 Grendel but the data was posted 12-17-2013. This data used to be on AA web site but I couldnt find it today. I had this data saved and there is load data for Swift 130 grain bullet. I would also use Sierra and Hornady data for 130 grain bullets as a guide and start low and work up.
Posts: 105
Threads: 12
Joined: Apr 2019
Thanks Vascar, I have a pro chrono now to verify my load ladders and thought since they are on the shelf,,,,,why not!
good advise on following Sierra and Hornady bullet loads for 130g bullets, I have both on hand to reference
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
There are at least 9 loads for that bullet in the Grendel Handbooks, including additional data for CFE-223 and LEVERevolution from 20 barrels.
20 Grendel with CFE-223 and LVR were faster than any of the 24 data with BL-C(2), Varget, N140, N540, Big Game, or W748.
Here is the expansion spread graphic Swift lists on their site for the .308 180gr:
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com