11-29-2021, 03:17 PM
8208 XBR, H335, and Varget and H4895!!!!!
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
|
Brownell's has some powder
|
|
11-29-2021, 03:17 PM
8208 XBR, H335, and Varget and H4895!!!!!
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
11-29-2021, 04:08 PM
H4895, eh? The boat from Australia must have arrived!
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
11-29-2021, 04:34 PM
I got my 4895. 8208 at Hodgdon as well
11-29-2021, 07:32 PM
Got H4895 and 8208 , thanks for the info .
11-30-2021, 01:30 AM
I'm all
![]() ![]() .My order went thru. (Rang up some other pwdr at Hodgdon's last week so the 1x/month-thing held me out of their site until Dec. 1).
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
12-01-2021, 06:45 AM
Wow 8208xbr? Hopefully this is a sign of things getting better
12-11-2021, 05:38 PM
So, need to make an observation on this...
I ordered some H4895 and Varget from Brownells, they had a bit of trouble getting it out the door but they did, for which that's good news. But during the same period I ordered some more H4895 from Nacho's (Natchez), well after all of this got here guess what, the H4895 from both places is the exact same lot#. Which again is great but hardly expected. Come to think of it, some I4064 I got earlier this fall (again 2 different vendors) all was same lot#. Moral of the story I think, is some of this is getting through the shipping logjam, and if one place seems to run out look real fast at other places b/c if it came in on the boat, then there's a chance that same lot went to 2-3 different places. Plus... it's still not a lot getting through...
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
12-11-2021, 06:47 PM
I had a similar experience with primers. Two shops in two cities 40 miles apart had the same lot of primers.
12-11-2021, 10:08 PM
Powders shipped from Australia are most likely bulk packaged in larger containers. It says on the one pound cans "Made in Australia - Packaged in USA." If Hodgdon recently received powders from OZ, the probability you might see the same lot numbers on fresh powder stock at different vendors would be high.
I ordered 2lbs of H4895 from Brownells on 11/29. Received them 10 days later on 12/9...
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|