We have been working on this for awhile.
It is running sub MOA in our test barrels.
When switching from a jacketed bullet to all copper monolithics it is always recommended to clean the barrel of any existing copper fouling.
Loaded 6.5 Grendel 118 grain MKZ ammunition
Ammunition loaded by Druid Hill Armory to our specifications
Starline small primer brass
2550 FPS from a 18 inch barrel
Opening diameter to .700 in ballistic gel
Double caliber expansion to 1500 fps
Ballistic Coefficient .505 G1
COAL 2.26 in
CBB,
Is your ammo loaded with a powder type that is temperature stable and is there a de-copper agent in the powder you chose for this ammo?
thanks,
-tdbru
tdbru Wrote:CBB,
Is your ammo loaded with a powder type that is temperature stable and is there a de-copper agent in the powder you chose for this ammo?
thanks,
-tdbru
It is loaded with AA2520
Our projectiles are not known for having copper fouling issues.
Kosh65 Wrote:I cant quite tell from the picture on your site. But Are the 118s a hp to help initiate expansion. Nice looking slugs.
Thank you
Here is a link to early testing by rickOshay
We have since lowered the expansion speed even more.
At 2550 fps you will get reliable expansion to over 450 yards.
CBB;
Thanks for the information and also the link. I will be ordering a couple boxes of the 118s.
I will have to do my load testing. But I believe I can safely push them 1800fps out to 550 yds.
Finally got out to the range with these today. Took the 18 AR, Faxon group buy midlength gas system with a rugged micro 30 can and a Gibbz side charger. Happy with the results from a 3 shot group at 200 yds (pic is rotated 90 degrees to the left for some reason), temp was low 60s and negligible wind. Would like to take the Howa mini out next to see how they do in it.
12-07-2021, 05:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2021, 05:21 AM by s3silver.)
Good to see another offering. I have some 118 mkzs loaded, just no opportunities to take anything yet. Never thought about using AA2520. Might have to give that a try someday.