Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ammo Site Scam Warning
#1
Still not cheap but a little cheaper than anywhere else I've looked lately and they have a decent selection:

https://tacticoolammoshop.com/product-ca...ndel-ammo/
Reply
#2
When I tried to open the link to tacticool ammo, my antivirus software (Bitdefender) says that page is part of a fraud attempt.

Check out these forum entries from Long Range Hunting...

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads...am.269017/
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
Reply
#3
More from BBB...

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/los-angeles/pr...complaints
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
Reply
#4
A couple of weeks ago someone else posted about a similar site.

This Tacticool has all the indicators of a cheat. From a web site that is simplistic through poor word choices and grammar.

Also, they only accept bank transfers and bitcoins?

The BBB reports pretty much sum it up. People with no situational awareness sent their money, got nothing, and can't get their money back.

The fraud is obvious to anyone who looks at their web page.

LR55
Reply
#5
LR1955 Wrote:A couple of weeks ago someone else posted about a similar site.

This Tacticool has all the indicators of a cheat. From a web site that is simplistic through poor word choices and grammar.

Also, they only accept bank transfers and bitcoins?

The BBB reports pretty much sum it up. People with no situational awareness sent their money, got nothing, and can't get their money back.

The fraud is obvious to anyone who looks at their web page.

LR55


Sorry folks, I looked to see if there were any previous postings about this place

Looks like I'm gonna have to have a serious talk with my bud that recommended this fraud...

My apologies and mods-please delete if warranted.
Reply
#6
SS:

I actually think it is good to have this post because of the chance that someone who sees this site goes so far as to run a search and finds this thread.

Way more good than harm.

LR-55
Reply
#7
In today’s climate of fraudulent websites taking advantage of the gun community, It would be advantageous to have a sticky where these fraudulent sites could be posted as a warning to all.
Reply
#8
Thanks for the heads-up!
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
Reply
#9
It takes a complete lack of common sense to think a site whose only payment options are bitcoin and bank transfers isnt a scam.

For those who disagree, I've got several river traversing structures for sale.
Reply
#10
If they're not a scam,
"Artificial sweetners are safe, WMDs were in I-Rack, and Anna Nicole married for love!!!!" (with TN accent)

~I love that line...
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply
#11
PVBoom Wrote:It takes a complete lack of common sense to think a site whose only payment options are bitcoin and bank transfers isnt a scam.

For those who disagree, I've got several river traversing structures for sale.


Thankfully, I never got that far.

As I told the friend, I was not about to buy 500 rounds of ammo that I did not know if my gun-which BTW, still isn't finished-will shoot accurately.

If y'all would indulge me a bit. Many years ago, I bought my first new .22, a Ruger 10/22 Walmart Special. Stainless w/green gray laminated stock kinda deal. I also bought a brick of CCI Stingers as they were brand new to the

market and the latest, greatest, whiz bang ammo to have...

That Ruger simply would not shoot that load no matter what! I'm talking you could not hit a pie plate @ 40 feet! I was all ready to return the gun or send it to Ruger when a friend (NOT the one above) suggested I try some CCI

SGB's. That load turned that gun-which I was close to wrapping around a telephone pole-into a tack driver! Since then, I buy just 1 or 2 boxes of every commercial load I can get my hands on and try it out until I find the most

accurate. I will then attempt to reload as close to it as possible. Seems the old-timers were right: every gun shoots every load differently and you gotta try them all to see which is the most accurate-in that gun.


Once again, my apologies for not doing my due diligence and if anything hopefully this will keep someone else from losing good money.

FWIW, I sent the shysters a confrontational e-mail and have apparently been blocked from the site or it's been taken down. I figure it will probably be reworked and resurface again.

Be careful out there-the scammers are getting smarter...
Reply
#12
When Stingers were new? I remember that, too. A loooong time ago. Those made a Mark I pistol go full auto; sear finally gave up and was replaced.
Reply
#13
This website is suspicious too: https://bwjamesongunshop.com/
They sell Hornady custom 123 sst at a price too good to be true for the period and the only accepted payments are Western Union, Paypal/zelle or Cryptocurrency/bitcoins
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18351[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#14
Mesa1978 Wrote:When Stingers were new? I remember that, too. A loooong time ago. Those made a Mark I pistol go full auto; sear finally gave up and was replaced.

Yup, that was 'pert near 30 years ago...

Sure wish I knew then what I know now. But then, don't we all?
Reply
#15
SnuffySmiff Wrote:Yup, that was 'pert near 30 years ago...

Sure wish I knew then what I know now. But then, don't we all?

That is the truth. A gunshop offered to sell me a case of 9mm at $3.99 a box 20 years ago, naw, it will always be cheap. Famous last words.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)