10-29-2021, 04:35 AM
Hey can some of you LIST your most accurate shooting RE-Loads out of your Howa Mini 1500 STD 22" barrel model !
Thks
Thks
|
6.5 Grendel LOADS -Howa MINI 1500
|
|
10-29-2021, 04:35 AM
Hey can some of you LIST your most accurate shooting RE-Loads out of your Howa Mini 1500 STD 22" barrel model !
Thks
10-30-2021, 12:57 AM
85gr Sierra HP. RL7 a couple grains under max. CCI400. Starline brass. Itty bitty groups, low recoil, cheap practice.
100gr NPTs. Near max load of H4895. CCI400. Starline brass. Sub-moa and 2775fps, and almost identical POI to load above. Will be used on the TN youth hunt tomorrow morning by the next door neighbor boy, and I hope that it does well. I will be with my son who will be Grendeling with the 20 AR and 123 SSTs.
10-30-2021, 04:33 PM
Come on GUY's Spill the LOAD's
Thks
10-30-2021, 11:03 PM
Sierra 120 pro hunters and AR-Comp seated long to mag length Powder charge is slightly past book max.
CW
10-30-2021, 11:04 PM
Hornady 123 SST & max load RL15 CCI 450.
CW
10-30-2021, 11:06 PM
Remington Jim Wrote:Come on GUY's Spill the LOAD's I have a howa mini but with a 26 inch 1-7.5 twist . I am getting good results with 100 gr A-max, I stocked up a couple years ago before they fazed them out. My load is 28.5 gr of 8208. 123 A-max with 26.5 gr of 8208. They are by No means max. But they do what I need out to 385 meters. I shoot silhouette competition. I do use 147 Eld for rams at 500 meters with H4895. I have used hornady custom 123 sst in a gas gun on deer with good results. I tried the new black ammo loads, I was not impressed at all . Dirty and wouldnt group in my gun.hope this helps
10-31-2021, 04:20 PM
105 mkz and 29.5gr of tac is accurate in my HB mini.
10-31-2021, 11:42 PM
ramslamer,
will a 147 take down a ram reliably at 500m out of the 6.5 G? tdbru
11-01-2021, 05:09 AM
27.5 gr H335 with a 123 ELDM is my hunting load.
11-02-2021, 12:23 AM
tdbru Wrote:ramslamer, Yes it will ! Ian getting 2450 FPS with a 147 Eld-m and a heavy dose of h4895. A friend of mine is running a Sierra 150 gr out of a 6.5 tcu at 2400 and only lost 4 out 94 last year. We have discovered dwell time really means a lot.
11-02-2021, 01:54 AM
After this past weekend I can tell you that the 100gr NPT is a winner in the Grendel Howa mini. Neighbor boy shot two deer this past weekend, one of which traveled through the onside shoulder, through the body, out in front of the rear ham, and then back into the rear ham
perfect mushroom recovered. The other was a nearly broadside shot at under 10yd and it was a complete pass through with good blood trail.
I only wish that the bullets were more affordable, because performance is perfect
11-06-2021, 05:22 AM
OK GREAT post's BUT need More PLEASE
11-18-2021, 11:23 PM
Best ALL AROUND Powder for 6.5 G loads - H335 H4895 Tac 8208xbr CFE 223 - 2230 -2460 ?????? I Know I know Flame away ! LOL
11-19-2021, 12:38 AM
Not a hunter, I have a 20 inch Howa HB. A couple of my best target loads is 95gr VMax, 28.5gr Benchmark, CCI 450, OAL of 2.220, typically 0.5 MOA with velocity of 2540. Another favorite is 120 SMK, 23.0gr N530, CCI 450, OAL of 2.250. Velocity of this one is 2200fps, ES9, SD4, about 0.5 MOA.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|