Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Little buck
#1
Passed on dozens of does and got this guy this morning.
I thought he was an 8 point-he was quartering toward and I could only see one rack-when I saw the other was only 3 I cursed lol.

123SST factory load from my 16” AR performance barrels 6.5G.
No exit would, shot right in the hear and it vaporized the heart with very little other damage, very concentrated area of absolute destruction. Ribs on both sides just gone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17157[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
Reply
#2
Hey we sometimes find fewer points and sometimes more, doesn't really matter to me they are good eating. Congrats
Reply
#3
kmon Wrote:Hey we sometimes find fewer points and sometimes more, doesn't really matter to me they are good eating. Congrats

Amen-steaks, roasts and ground will be here next weekend. Wife is preparing recipes accordingly lol
Reply
#4
Congratulations on a fine buck!
peak98
Reply
#5
Go to YouTube and learn how to process your own deer. It will save you lots of money and it is easy. I de-bone all the meat off a deer and never gut it in about 20 minutes. Put the meat in a 48 quart cooler and cover with cold water and about 2 cups of WHITE vinegar and stir it around good. This will draw the blood out of the meat (the wild taste people talk about is blood" and loosen up the fibers some to tenderize. Let set with the lid open over night or about 10 to 12 hrs. I usually set it in the back of my truck that has a camper top on it and just open the vent windows over night or in my basement where it is 68* or a bit cooler. After the soak drain the cooler and I wash the meat some with the water hose. I then cut into portions I want to make up and place in zip lock freezer bags and put in the freezer. If I want to grind into hamburger I have my own electric grinder that I got at WalMart that had been about $100 but was on sale for $50. I add nothing to my burger just straight deer meat. I think adding beef or pork fat ruins the burger. I mostly scramble the burger to use in pasta sauce etc. For the price a butcher charges you can purchase a grinder.
Reply
#6
Good looking little buck , congrats .
Reply
#7
that's a great buck Big Grin
John 11:25-26
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)