Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Double Grendel kill
#1
A buck then a doe 20 minutes apart from the same stand in North Carolina.

The buck came in first at 200 yrds:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17086[/ATTACH]

and here's the doe:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17087[/ATTACH]

Here's the shooting lane:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17085[/ATTACH]
Look carefully at the center of the lane and you can just make out the young spike that came in and was molesting my dead doe LOL

Both were DRT, the buck hit in the throat (he was facing me) at 200 yrds and the doe at 175 yds quartering shot from point of left shoulder to just before the liver on the right.

The Grendel makes it almost too easy LOL


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           
Reply
#2
snell,
what were you using for bullets?
congrats!
-tdbru
Reply
#3
Factory 123 SST. First time I've ever killed a deer with factory ammo LOL
Reply
#4
Congratulations! You’re filling up the freezer quickly, great shooting as well.
peak98
Reply
#5
Congrats on the pair of deer .
Reply
#6
Congratulations, nice shooting.
Reply
#7
What are you doing hunting from MY STAND? LOL That looks just like where I hunted for over 30 years in Halifax county NC and killed hundreds of deer. I had to give up hunting there last year because my hunting buddy got too old and has heart issues and could not hunt anymore and where I parked my camper the place closed up and I could not afford to keep the lease on the land by myself to travel 300 miles just to hunt 3 weeks out of the year. I do miss my time spent there but still have the memories. I was able to get some meat last year by killing two deer, one with the Grendel, at home in TN and also I killed one this past Monday with my muzzleloader. Rifle season opens up 11/21/20 here.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)