Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Question for those who've used both Hornady & Lapua brass
#1
I've fed my JP barrel Lapua brass almost exclusively but I have a bunch of mid round count Hornady brass I might as well put to work in situations where retrieval might not be easy. I know the Hornady has a lower capacity so the question is how much lighter of a charge do you find you need in it versus Lapua and does that stay near your zero*. Thanks!

* With same bullet / primer.
Let's go Brandon!
Reply
#2
Hornady always had a higher capacity then any of the lapua I have used.

Using hornady brass to make reloads for my best friend who has my old jp 18 inch barrel.

With ar-comp his load is 28.3 grains with a 120 gold dot at 2.275 coal, not compressed. Same load in lapua brass isn't showing signs of being compressed but you can feel it pressing into the powder column.

Hope this helps.
Reply
#3
If you weigh the two brands' water capacity we can give you a QL answer. No need to waste good primers, seat used ones to seal the flash hole.
Reply
#4
Klem Wrote:If you weigh the two brands' water capacity we can give you a QL answer. No need to waste good primers, seat used ones to seal the flash hole.

Brilliant! I've got sizing scheduled for over the weekend.
Let's go Brandon!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)