Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What do you use for Data
#1
What source do you use for load data? Trying to fig out what manual or website I need.
Reply
#2
im just starting
but i have
lyman, lee, grendel 1and 2, hornady, and the spreadsheet from this site
Reply
#3
Free online, Western Powder (Ramshot, Accurate), Hodgdon, Speer, Sierra, Vihtavuori, Shooters World/Lovex, Alexander Arms load data, Barnes, and Nosler. Hornady 10th addition if I was buying a new loading manual/ bound book. The 6.5 Grendel Handbooks are also worth getting.

Link to the 6.5 Grendel Handbooks.

https://www.ar15buildbox.com/shop/c/p/65...555123.htm
Reply
#4
loaddata.com a yearly fee but well worth it for me
Reply
#5
dammitman Wrote:loaddata.com a yearly fee but well worth it for me
How much is it a year?
Reply
#6
Hodgdon's annual manual, Speer manual, Hornady manual, Sierra manual, Nosler manual, Lyman manual, Barnes manual, Berger manual, Woodleigh manual. i don't have Vihtavuori or Norma or Lapua manuals however. all are valuable to me. Never can have too many.

NightStalker,
down there in AZ you might even try the public library, they may have copies that were donated that you could peruse.

-tdbru
Reply
#7
NightStalker Wrote:What source do you use for load data? Trying to fig out what manual or website I need.

NS:

The days of having to spend money on overpriced and basically useless reloading manuals are over.

Go to the web site of the powder company and you will find their load data. Most will provide data of other brands of powder too.

The Grendel Forum also has a sticky on favorite loads if you want but just note that you use this data at your own risk.

LR55
Reply
#8
I found some on a sticky above, but trying to find recipes for ARComp. I went to the manufacturer website but they didnt list AR Comp for the Grendel.
I keep having the warning ring in my head about following other people’s recipes on the internet, so I hesitate when i read internet recipes
Reply
#9
Unfortunately there is very little load data for AR Comp in the 6.5 Grendel. Speer has data online for the 6.5 Grendel which list AR Comp with three bullets. Several forum members have emailed Alliant requesting load data and we’re referred to Speer and Hornady.

https://www.speer.com/reloading/rifle-data.html
Reply
#10
here is the spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=471314637
Reply
#11
I mostly use Hornady and Sierra bullets. So those two manuals are a must. I also have a hodgdon manual and Allianz,because I mostly use those 2 powders.
Reply
#12
I mostly use Hornady and Sierra bullets. So those two manuals are a must. I also have a hodgdon manual and Allianz,because I mostly use those 2 powders.
Reply
#13
NightStalker Wrote:How much is it a year?
I paid $25 a year,when I had a subscription.You can find discounts. Most of their data is taken directly from the book. So if you buy manuals from the manufacturer of the bullets and powders you are using, you’re probably better off.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)