Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
wet tumbling
#1
man this makes shiny brass
bit of a pain getting all the pins outa the cases, but great results
Reply
#2
mdram Wrote:man this makes shiny brass
bit of a pain getting all the pins outa the cases, but great results

Love mine too. I got the Magnet Gizmo from Frankford Arsenal, works great, speeds up the process by an order of magnitude! Cool
Reply
#3
If you do enough wet tumbling get a RCBS Rotary Case and Media Separator://www.midwayusa.com/product/101291700.

Fill it with water, pins wash out of cases. Dump water and repeat twice.
Reply
#4
magnet? hmmm wonder what ss media they use thats magnetic? must be a 400 series.
i will look into that
i got the lyman cyclone kit with the 2 trays, one that stops brass, one that catches the pins
Reply
#5
I used the pins about twice, not worth the effort to pick them out. My brass is still shiny clean without the pins and hassle. If you have to have the inside of your brass super clean then the pins do help but for cleaning the outside no need to hassle with the pins. Give it a try without pins.
Reply
#6
Chips work much better than pins.
Reply
#7
Mad Charlie Wrote:Chips work much better than pins.

Which chips are you using?
Reply
#8
I am not using chips yet, but a good friend and shooting buddy does. I will, in the near future be replacing my pins with the chips based on his results. They do a better job on primer pockets and seem to come out of the cases easier. I only tumble with SS when my cases are getting pretty grungy, other wise I just clean with a rag and mineral spirits or alcohol.

This is where he sourced his, there are others.
https://www.sleepinggiantbrass.com/STAIN...LING-MEDIA
Reply
#9
Built my own tumbler from an old kids toy car motor, computer power supply, pvc pipe and wood. I think it cost about $10. Works great and can clean a few hundred at a time. I use a salad strainer to separate the pins then a magnet. Just got in a Cyclone drier and an Annealeeze on order. So, if anyone wants to send me their once fired brass....Smile Might look into the chips, but the pins work fine for now.
Reply
#10
65newloader, I would very much like to have more info on your home brew tumbler. I am in the process of building one and could use some good ideas. A few pics perhaps? My current concern is the motor size/speed needed for a medium sized batch of brass (100 to 200).
Reply
#11
mdram Wrote:magnet? hmmm wonder what ss media they use thats magnetic? must be a 400 series.
i will look into that
i got the lyman cyclone kit with the 2 trays, one that stops brass, one that catches the pins

You know, that’s a good question. Didn’t even think about that because others had had success. Anyway, I can assure you, it does work, and rather well.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)