Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Temp insensitive powder for Berger 130gr AR Hybrid
#1
Can someone recommend a temp controlled powder(s) for the Berger 130gr AR Hybrids? I am using 8208XBR for 130gr TGK.
Reply
#2
H4895
Reply
#3
I've had good luck with ARCOMP and 129SST, 129 Interlocks, &130RDF's.
Reply
#4
H4895
Reply
#5
As posted, I am using H4895 as well with the 130 hybrids. I don't know velocity, etc. If you don't have any, good luck finding some!!
Reply
#6
H4895 :nod
Reply
#7
Guess I need to try a little H4895 for my 129 ABLR's that are in transit...
Reply
#8
Have you tried Leverevelotion?
"One Good Shot Is All I Need."
Reply
#9
I had good luck with VARGET.

130gr Berger OTM Hybrid
Hornady Case New
Federal Gold Medal Match AR Primers
COAL 2.244
VARGET 24.2gr was the sweet spot for my 24" Liberty / Satern button rifled barrel
3/4 MOA
Reply
#10
6.5 Grendel Wrote:Have you tried Leverevelotion?

Lever seems to be somewhat available today.
Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?
Reply
#11
Midway has H4895 in stock
Reply
#12
PVBoom Wrote:Midway has H4895 in stock

If they notified you it was gone earlier today...
Reply
#13
I worked with the Berger 130 Hybrids quite a bit. Here is some data for you for H4895 and Varget.
All numbers generated from a Ruger American Predator, 22" barrel. Shot in April this year at 62F / Avg of 5 shots.
No airborne Covid19 particulates noted)

H4895
26.6gr = 2254fps / SD=6.1 (<1 MOA)
26.8gr = 2262fps / SD=6.8 (1 MOA)
27.0gr = 2275fps / SD=12.2 (+1 MOA)
27.2gr = 2330fps / SD=9.7 (<1 MOA) Spike! No pressure signs
27.4gr = 2344fps / SD=6.8 (1.5 MOA) Some Cratering

Second Outing Doing 27.1 and 27.2 of H4895 (73F/Winds Calm)
27.1gr = 2295fps / SD=6.5 (0.5" MOA) case length=1.520" / OAL = 2.255"
27.2gr = 2320fps / SD=12.6 (+1 MOA)
27.3gr = 2340fps / SD=10.8 (1.2" @ 100 BUT...........0.70" @ 200 yds)

Next is Varget Shot same as immediately above:

26.6gr = 2204fps / SD=13.9 (Most Accurate at 0.73"MOA)
26.8gr = 2218fps / SD=6.8 (3 inside a half inch and two AWOL's)
27.0gr = 2233fps / Sd=8.5 (Right at MOA)
27.2gr = 2267fps / SD=13.8 (little over MOA)
27.4gr = 2274fps / SD=9.3 (Vertical Stringing)

And for S*#ts and Giggles:

Shooters World tactical Rifle Powder:

27.4gr = 2347fps / SD=14.2 (Really Crappy)
27.6gr = 2368fps / SD=10.3 (better but over 1 MOA)
27.8gr = 2386fps / SD=9.7 (hair under MOA, 5th shot moved).
28.0gr = 2463fps / SD=9.1 (SPIKE!!!!! Crappy) Cratering and *stiff ejection

*Not that kind of stiff inje............never mind! :o
Reply
#14
jbmarshtx Wrote:If they notified you it was gone earlier today...
Yeah, sorry, a little bit on me, I ordered 9 (8 + 1) myself, sorry.
Reply
#15
Rosecrans1 Wrote:I worked with the Berger 130 Hybrids quite a bit. Here is some data for you for H4895 and Varget.
All numbers generated from a Ruger American Predator, 22" barrel. Shot in April this year at 62F / Avg of 5 shots.
No airborne Covid19 particulates noted)

H4895
26.6gr = 2254fps / SD=6.1 (<1 MOA)
26.8gr = 2262fps / SD=6.8 (1 MOA)
27.0gr = 2275fps / SD=12.2 (+1 MOA)
27.2gr = 2330fps / SD=9.7 (<1 MOA) Spike! No pressure signs
27.4gr = 2344fps / SD=6.8 (1.5 MOA) Some Cratering

Second Outing Doing 27.1 and 27.2 of H4895 (73F/Winds Calm)
27.1gr = 2295fps / SD=6.5 (0.5" MOA) case length=1.520" / OAL = 2.255"
27.2gr = 2320fps / SD=12.6 (+1 MOA)
27.3gr = 2340fps / SD=10.8 (1.2" @ 100 BUT...........0.70" @ 200 yds)

Next is Varget Shot same as immediately above:

26.6gr = 2204fps / SD=13.9 (Most Accurate at 0.73"MOA)
26.8gr = 2218fps / SD=6.8 (3 inside a half inch and two AWOL's)
27.0gr = 2233fps / Sd=8.5 (Right at MOA)
27.2gr = 2267fps / SD=13.8 (little over MOA)
27.4gr = 2274fps / SD=9.3 (Vertical Stringing)

And for S*#ts and Giggles:

Shooters World tactical Rifle Powder:

27.4gr = 2347fps / SD=14.2 (Really Crappy)
27.6gr = 2368fps / SD=10.3 (better but over 1 MOA)
27.8gr = 2386fps / SD=9.7 (hair under MOA, 5th shot moved).
28.0gr = 2463fps / SD=9.1 (SPIKE!!!!! Crappy) Cratering and *stiff ejection

*Not that kind of stiff inje............never mind! :o

@Rosecrans1

I think you re-posted your H4895 powder weights for your VARGET weights.
They are the same numbers and about 2 grains over book max.
Reply
#16
Hi Happy2Shoot,

Hornady 10th edition lists Varget compressed at 27.5 with ELD 130gr and 129gr acubonds. So in my bolt rifle, I felt safe going to 27.4 though it started to string the groups. I was hoping for 2300fps. I wouldn't go to 27.4 in a gas gun.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)