Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ppu ammo
#21
My reading comprehension is shot .I thought oyster was talking about the fmj bullet. sorry about that. PPU says its standard rifle ammo is for hunting. I hope it is.
Reply
#22
Target Sports has the new PPU 6.5 Grendel ammo with 120 grain BTHP in stock with free shipping for a case.


https://www.targetsportsusa.com/prvi-par...10116.aspx
Reply
#23
I'm going to hold off until some reviews roll in. I've got enough ammo for a few range visits right now, not that it's good shooting weather this time of year.
Reply
#24
Gentlemen, has anyone a report as to the quality of the PPU brass for reloading? I just got a barreled action and will soon put together parts to complete son's 1st rifle. I'm debating going PPU or Hornady to collect brass.
Reply
#25
A5 has a post on there brass at first look.
Reply
#26
Bigs28 Wrote:A5 has a post on there brass at first look.

Found it, I'll follow that, thanks.
Reply
#27
I ordered some haven?t shot it yet.
Reply
#28
Any of you using this on hogs? Results?
Reply
#29
ThisWildAdventure Wrote:Any of you using this on hogs? Results?

I haven't used it on a hog yet but I did shoot a couple of yotes and 3 bobacts with it.

Wasn't impressed with it on thin skinned game, broke up real easy, might work ok on a hog, but not something I would want to use on a meat pig.
Reply
#30
I've used them and they seem comparable the the AG ammo on hogs and deer. On hogs they will come apart after hitting bone and does some good internal damage. On deer, unless you hit a decent sized bone they don't open much but will still kill.
Reply
#31
Does anyone have much experience with the 110 grain factory load from PPU? Reliability and accuracy? Will be a plinking round for me most likely.
Reply
#32
What I have shot of it I like. No FTF. Pretty accurate and repeatable. And their brass is good to reload. My opinion is PPU is the best overall value in factory 6.5 Grr.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)