Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Anyone make dry neck lube
#1
I just purchased a 21st Century expander mandrel Pete suggested using a dry neck lube and wondering if anyone made there own graphite type neckline.
Thanks
Briano
Reply
#2
Redding makes an excellent dry neck lube for exactly that purpose. Imperial Dry Neck Lube.
Reply
#3
You could use graphite lock lubricant in a salt shaker with a lot of BB's mixed in.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16414[/ATTACH]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#4
I bought microfyne powder from Amazon.
Reply
#5
How will you use the powder by it self or some type of media like #7 shot...
Reply
#6
In a shot media, for outside and inside neck. If inside neck only, a Qtip can apply it.
Reply
#7
I use the redding for new brass or with an expander. I'm not super ocd about cleaning brass after firing, so there is usually enough 'lube' in the neck once I resize/deprime.
Reply
#8
Forsters White Motor Mica (Powdered white graphite)
Reply
#9
I use powdered graphite in an old film container with #8 shot. The shot provides weight so that the container does not fall over and applies graphite to both the outside and inside of the neck.
If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong.
Reply
#10
Stub,

Do you use the graphite for all your loading or just for some types of dies? Bolt guns only or both?

I use a roller pad and occasionally Imperial wax rubbed on the outside of the necks but I am paranoid if any gets inside there will be uneven friction on bullet release. I suppose if all cases were lubed on the inside evenly then uneven bullet-release friction wouldn't be an issue.
Reply
#11
Klem,

I use this one by Forster to lube the inside of case necks with Motor Mica before FL or Neck resizing. I only use it on bottle necked rifle cases. Mine's about 25 years old.

https://www.forsterproducts.com/product/...graphiter/
Reply
#12
I also use the graphite and buckshot.
Reply
#13
Buckshot??
Reply
#14
Thanks all.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)