Posts: 8
Threads: 3
Joined: Apr 2020
Anyone using the Hornady ELD seating stem in their dies to prevent the seating pressure ring on the Nosler ABLR's? Worth getting the stem or just take the dremel and compound to the regular seating stem? Thanks in advance.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
I'm not useing it. Only time I get the ring is when the power load is compressed.
Posts: 570
Threads: 37
Joined: Mar 2018
I first started using it on the 175gr eldx in my 280ai... Prior to using it I was having inconsistent seating depths, and severe concentricity issues, as in a visible wobble in the way the bullet was seated. Once I switched to it that all went away and now everything's hunky dory
I also use them on the 123gr SST.. I find it seats more consistently than the regular stem, even with those.
Posts: 161
Threads: 34
Joined: Dec 2018
I've used the "A-Tip" stem with my Hornady dies on the RDF with no tip damage. Worked perfectly. Have not tried on the ABLR, but plan to shortly.