Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Reloading Dies suggestions
#21
No .002 in my bolt rifle should work just fine.
Thanks
Reply
#22
Briano23 Wrote:No .002 in my bolt rifle should work just fine.
Thanks

I would definitely get a runout micrometer also (if you don’t already have one) and check your work! If your that serious about mandrel size, and you should be. In no particular order I’ve got a, Rockchucker, MEC Marksman, Forster Co-Ax, Redding T-7 and Lyman All American 8. And various Lee, Hornady, Forster and Redding dies and the runout is different with every die, in all of those presses. Frankly, I haven’t come close to cracking the code why, I just know it happens.

So, IMO Cool, whatever you decide on, a runout micrometer will help build better ammo, regardless of your choices.

You’ve done the hard part choosing the Grendel, it’s an incredibly versatile cartridge, now get all the performance you can out of it! Wink
Reply
#23
Thanks for the advice I have a Sinclair MICROMETER.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)