Posts: 120
Threads: 20
Joined: Mar 2017
Been anyway from Grendel world for awhile
Last time I worked out cfe223 was the go to for good Velocity
Is this still the case or have things changed
Posts: 36
Threads: 5
Joined: May 2019
I think people are liking XBR8208 but its harder to find. I get good results with CFE223/95g Vmax and Benchmark/123sst
Posts: 1,787
Threads: 49
Joined: Feb 2016
Cfe has higher velocity then 8208 for me. I use 8208, cfe223, ar comp, and pp varmint
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
AR Comp is a good powder for the 6.5 Grendel and I like H335, Accurate 2230/Xterminator for lighter bullets. Another powder which does well in different temperatures is H4895.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
I moved away from all temp unstable powders in my loads.
Useing ar-comp, h4895, h322 almost exclusively now.
Posts: 259
Threads: 4
Joined: May 2015
Another for AR Comp. Very temp stable and good accuracy.
Posts: 46
Threads: 0
Joined: Jun 2020
I've been using 8208 and 322 a lot more lately. I like the stability of extruded powders.
If I agreed with you, then we'd both be wrong.
Posts: 138
Threads: 9
Joined: Dec 2017
AR Comp and 123s
#shareyourspare
Posts: 1,397
Threads: 48
Joined: Jun 2019
Go topowder depends on the individual preference of your rifle and shooting environment.My Bartlein barrel loves 8208 .My criterion Hbar and RAP like H335. Ive also tried ARComp and CFE223,as well as a few others.My advice would be to try a few different ones, and go with the one that works best for your rifle.
Posts: 258
Threads: 7
Joined: Dec 2015
Though Ive burned a lot of CFE over time and 7 barrels, the two most versatile powders Ive found for across the board accuracy and multi caliber suitability are AR Comp and XBR 8208. I load either in 223/5.56 with 69/75/77s, 6.5GR with full weight range from 100-123, 6.5CM with lighter bullets and 308 with 155s with very good results. Not always top velocity, but nearly always low SD and consistent accuracy. Leaning to AR Comp of late.
Posts: 120
Threads: 20
Joined: Mar 2017
Thanks for the replies looks like ill be investing in some 8208xbr and ar comp
Posts: 201
Threads: 20
Joined: Nov 2015
Leverevelotion has been outstanding both in accuracy and velocity with 100 to 123's.
"One Good Shot Is All I Need."
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Joined: Jul 2020
I've ran ar comp, 10x and going to be loading some cfe223. 10x has been my favorite so far with 140gr and 123gr. Need to replace my phone to clock speeds for them though. Darn older Caldwell and new phones without audio jacks...