Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Grendel small base dies?
#21
coastguardchas Wrote:I had a custom built Grendel by a very well known company that after resizing Alexander factory rounds with a RCBS sizing die would not chamber. the case body was not reduced enough. tight chamber. after discussion with the builder I sent him a fired case and he had another sizing die chromed to reduce the case body to chamber. not happy about that , but just another step in reloading. resized round work fine. Chas

Yea I would get rid of that. I'm of the mind set if I have to have custom one off tools too get it to work, then it's a liability and needs to go live somewhere else.
Reply
#22
I think “small base”dies are a gimmick.Get a set of good quality dies and a set of Hornady case gauges.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)