05-06-2020, 04:46 AM
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2020, 08:59 PM by bruceleroy.)
Long story short...
Rifle: PSA 18" upper with already owned lower. 100 rounds through barrel.
Problem 1
hooting American Gunner in the 2" group range. Not what I want.
Problem 2: my trigger, a Rock River National Match 2 stage has such a light and short reset that I am double firing
Problem 3: bolt not locking back, could be related to the trigger as all mags will lock the bolt when manipulated by hand.
First fix was to bed the barrel. After establishing a new zero I shot a 3 shot 0.4" group. Kept shooting and added 12 more rounds to the group expanding it to 1.5" for all 15 shots. I was not rapid firing as I must single load due to double firing but I didnt let the barrel cool much between shots. Maybe 8 to 10 seconds to load new single round mag. I imagine this is about all I will get from this ammo rifle combo.
Next fix will be a new trigger. I am more than happy to accept recommendations for decent triggers that wont have this same issue.
Lastly, a question on the inability to lock the bolt back. Even with the adjustable gas block opened almost all the way, and several spots in between, I cant get a consistant lock back of the bolt. What the F! I meed recommendations on this please.
Update: I threw a new trugger in, standard GI, while waiting on a Larue that I ordered. No double fires. Adjusted gas block to half of the available turns. It now locks back.
Rifle: PSA 18" upper with already owned lower. 100 rounds through barrel.
Problem 1
hooting American Gunner in the 2" group range. Not what I want.Problem 2: my trigger, a Rock River National Match 2 stage has such a light and short reset that I am double firing
Problem 3: bolt not locking back, could be related to the trigger as all mags will lock the bolt when manipulated by hand.
First fix was to bed the barrel. After establishing a new zero I shot a 3 shot 0.4" group. Kept shooting and added 12 more rounds to the group expanding it to 1.5" for all 15 shots. I was not rapid firing as I must single load due to double firing but I didnt let the barrel cool much between shots. Maybe 8 to 10 seconds to load new single round mag. I imagine this is about all I will get from this ammo rifle combo.
Next fix will be a new trigger. I am more than happy to accept recommendations for decent triggers that wont have this same issue.
Lastly, a question on the inability to lock the bolt back. Even with the adjustable gas block opened almost all the way, and several spots in between, I cant get a consistant lock back of the bolt. What the F! I meed recommendations on this please.
Update: I threw a new trugger in, standard GI, while waiting on a Larue that I ordered. No double fires. Adjusted gas block to half of the available turns. It now locks back.

