Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What Hand guard for 12" group buy?
#21
The Turkey hunters are done at my Deer and Hog lease so I was able to go over and use our 100 yard range... I was able to shoot the 12 inch GB barrel Saturday and Sunday. I started off at 50 yards with 123 Gunner, cleaning between each one of the first 12 shots. Patches looked really good. Got the SLA gas block adjusted from closed to right at 2 turns open. Then I Shot a few Gunners, SSTs and 85 grain Makers at 100 yards, 2 or 3 rounds between cleaning. My buddy who assembled my barrel did not lap receiver or bed barrel so i will be looking to have that done when and if I can find someone. The guy did not charge me but I did give him a hog ham and some deer burger, I really did appreciate him helping me out. I used a Caldwell 7 rifle "rest" and found it is not that steady, that and the nasty weather did not help me out. In the conditions I had...The Gunners grouped the best followed by the 85 grain Makers then the SSTs. I'm gonna make some sand bags and give it another go later this week. Right now using the Makers or SSTs I would have no problem hunting from one of my hog stands.
Reply
#22
Thanks for the update. I have more trouble shooting my 12” pistol with brace accurately compared to my other AR-15’s. But for how I use my 12” 6.5 Grendel it is accurate enough. Getting the proper bags and steady rest has got to help a bunch.
Reply
#23
shot about 12 rounds yesterday. I only have Factory SSTs, Gunners and Maker 85 grain Ammo direct from Maker. So far the 85 grain TREX group the best at 100 yards. I ordered more Ammo from Maker 85 and 95 grain TREX but they show back ordered. I have a place to shoot hogs and may go over there one afternoon when weather and wind are right..Really want to see how the 85 grain makers work on the hogs, My set up will be 5-40 yard shots. I mostly take head shots on first hog if they are standing still...but will lung shoot if they are moving.
Reply
#24
I took my wife over to the Hunt Club gun range today mostly to shoot 3 handguns and a 22 rifle. After warming up with the other weapons She shot my 12 inch GB barreled Rifle 3 times at 50 yards off of a rest.. 1/2 inch group with Gunner ammo, she has not shot a rifle in a few years.. We pulled the SD card from my favorite hog stands and reviewed it..A sounder of 15 Hogs are coming in between 7:45 and 8:15pm the last 4 evenings.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)