Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Joined: Feb 2020
Hi guys
I'm from South Africa. Hunting has been a part of my life for as long as i can remember.
Just bought myself, or rather my son (good reason to get it by the wife) a Howa mini 6.5 Grendel...like yesterday. With our crappy licensing system i am probably going to wait 6 months before i can take ownership, but will be soaking up info untill the time
Bought the rifle so my son can hunt warthogs, impala and other small game. He turns 5 this year so by the time he is good and ready his dad should have figured out the loads. A couple of selfish reasons are also included in the reason for buying the rifle. Glad to be here...i'll be watching
Posts: 1,348
Threads: 98
Joined: Jun 2019
Welcome Stan,
I hunt in Limpopo a lot.
Where do you live?
I live in Georgia, a state in the SE part of the USA, right on the Atlantic, just north of Florida.
Lots of pigs and deer over here.
Live Big,
Chuck
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Joined: Feb 2020
Hi Chuck
I am from Pretoria.
Most of my hunts are also in Limpopo
Would love hunt your neck of the woods
Posts: 1,348
Threads: 98
Joined: Jun 2019
My guide,
Isan Van Zil lives in Pretoria.
We spend the night there when we fly in from Atlanta....it?s a long flight ATL-JNB. 16 to 18 hours.
I have the best time hunting over there, like the people and the culture.
Markum is the closest city to the farm I hunt. It is a one store town, you can only buy beer and cigarettes there.
My PH is Gespare Spanio, he is a real class act
Are you a rugby fan????
Welcome again
Chuck
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Joined: Feb 2020
I know the town its actually called Marken. All Saffa boys are rugby fans
Posts: 1,568
Threads: 8
Joined: Sep 2012
Welcome to the clan, SDM, from the great nation of Texas! I've not been to your neck of the woods ( as yet ) but my CEO and others in my company are there frequently ( CEO was there a few weeks ago ). They're just doing there part in game population control. You'll be happy with the Howa and will find a lot of commentary on it across these threads.
Posts: 6,193
Threads: 170
Joined: Mar 2015
Welcome to the horde sir.
Posts: 6,206
Threads: 50
Joined: Mar 2011
Welcome to the forum StanDaMan!
Posts: 1,348
Threads: 98
Joined: Jun 2019
I turn left at the Marken Mall, I?m 21 miles from the farm at that intersection.
The All Blacks are going to be the ones to beat.
I?ve used Highveld Taxidermist for my skins and mounts.
Africa is a very special place for me.
Posts: 1,397
Threads: 48
Joined: Jun 2019
Welcome from Florida’s space coast
Posts: 8,507
Threads: 241
Joined: Sep 2014
Welcome Stan!
We ship the Grendel Handbooks internationally if you want some desktop reference material for your load development, and we'll have plenty of information here on the forum from others who load for the Howa as well. That will make an excellent little plains rifle for your area, with the same ballistics or better than WDM Bell's 6.5x54 Mannlicher-Shonauer.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com