I think this is what I'm going to be going with for my build. I was just wondering if anybody had some real world trigger time with this exact barrel. I'm hoping it will hold a good group out to 600 meters. Anybody have any real world experience? Any recommendations or gripes about this barrel. Thanks in advance.
I have that barrel with the WCI brake
But I cant help you yet because I have not fired it yet
I had the barrell bead blasted to dull it up
I like that look
I will let you know as I hope to zero it this weekend
That's fantastic. I look forward to hearing from you, I'm looking at that brake myself as well. Please feel free to get it out to 300 this weekend. Or 600 for that matter. What kind of lower and optic? Gimme all of the stats on your set-up! LOL. I'm really looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks for the reply. I really do honestly appreciate it.
AA upper and lower
AA tactical trigger
Magpul PRS stock
Magpul grip
MK 10 guard
AA low profile gas block
I would attach a picture if I knew how
I can email a poor quality one
I will let you know
Not sure how good of a group you are looking for but I bought an 18" AA barrel from a forum member a couple years ago and it has no problem hitting a 12" plate at 600 yds. I got the barrel for the sole purpose of a hunting gun I built my fiance.
ETA
The barrel I was referring to is just the basic ER Shaw kit. I think the Spartan is a step up from it.
You know what though? That's what I'm really looking for. A good 600 yard deer and antelope killer. If you got that performance from a standard AA barrel. Maybe I will just go with the standard and save 200 bucks.
Yeah. ACctually the round actually has a higher coefficient than a 168gr .308 match round. This means the bullet is more efficient in flight. It resists drag and wind conditions better. It also means that it holds it's velocity better and is in flight less. So it is effected for a shorter time. FYI.
10-4, If it was me I would pick another cartridge for deer and antelope at 600 yards, just saying. Good luck to you and let us know how it all works out.
Posts: 667
Threads: 19
Joined: Mar 2011
gophernuts Wrote:Yeah. ACctually the round actually has a higher coefficient than a 168gr .308 match round. This means the bullet is more efficient in flight. It resists drag and wind conditions better. It also means that it holds it's velocity better and is in flight less. So it is effected for a shorter time. FYI.
Not always it depends on the bullet you choose. The most velocity that I have got from my 18" barrel with a 120 SMK is 2506 fps at the muzzle at 600 yds it is 1400 fps. So if you want to humanely kill deer at 600 yds there are a lot better choices.
I will work for me. This topic needs to be thrown back on the track. We are traveling into a world of opinions. All are appreciated but I just want to stay on the topic. Thanks for all the feedback.