01-25-2020, 03:51 AM
Howdy - I've been reading through various threads over the past months before starting a pistol build and figured I'd join the horde. Always best to spend the tax refund before something breaks.
|
Greetings from Minnesota
|
|
01-25-2020, 03:51 AM
Howdy - I've been reading through various threads over the past months before starting a pistol build and figured I'd join the horde. Always best to spend the tax refund before something breaks.
01-25-2020, 04:35 AM
Welcome to the horde sir.
01-25-2020, 10:49 AM
Nice to have you with us Easy......
Very interesting guys hang out here.
01-25-2020, 12:49 PM
Welcome from Florida’s Spacecoast
01-25-2020, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the clan, EL, from the great nation of Texas! Anything Grendel is money well spent! What are your goals and feel free to share pix!
01-25-2020, 02:19 PM
Well.. Current plan is a pistol build for deer hunting (southern MN, shotgun/pistol zone), torn between 12.5" or 14.5" barrel
01-25-2020, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the forum Easyliving! I’d base my decision on barrel length by your hunting conditions and whether your going to use a suppressor. If your hunting in very thick cover where shots are rarely over one hundred and fifty yards plus using a suppressor I’d get a twelve or twelve and a half inch 6.5 Grendel. If I was hunting in more open terrain with shots out to three hundred yards I’d use a fourteen and a half inch barrel. Using a bullet that expands at lower velocity like the 129 grain Nosler ABLR will still produce more energy than many handgun cartridges even out of a twelve inch barrel 6.5 Grendel.
01-25-2020, 03:31 PM
Welcome from Texas. Just picked up a used Monster group buy pistol barrel myself. Makes 5 Grendel barrels in the house now. An addiction for sure. Keep us updated on your progress and post pictures.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|