Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Powder funnels
#1
Just wondering what kind of powder funnel most guys use for reloading.
Up untill a few years back I used the plastic Lee or RCBS one size fits all job. I noticed that my reloading trays would have a lot of powder on them. Not a big deal because I use the $5 Frankford arsenal plastic trays which can be cleaned easily.
But then I realized that gun powder on my reloading tray meant inconsistent loads. The powder would cling on the plastic funnel as well.Then,I discovered extreme hard-core gear powder funnels.
They are caliber specific sell for around $27 each.Not cheap.But will last forever. I started with the 22 caliber for .223 and I ended up really liking it.I don?t spill any powder and no powder get stuck in the funnel. And they sit very well on the cases.
Then I added a 308 and a few others.Recently I had gotten 6.5 caliber for my CM. Of course it works for the 6.5 Grendel too. I like them so much because they make loading cases much quicker and easier .I don?t know how I ever did without them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15304[/ATTACH]

I?m sure the guys like Klem have heard of xtreme hardcore gear and probably have funnels in the calibers they use. But I posted this for some of the guys that may be just getting into reloading these funnels will make your life a whole lot easier.And when you go on the extreme hard-core gear site, They also have other products like aluminum reloading trays and other miscellaneous stuff but the only thing that really peaked my interest was their funnels.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
Reply
#2
I forgot who mine is made by, but it is aluminum like the one you posted. For some reason I want to say it?s by Area419. I?ll check when I get home.
Reply
#3
Satern powder funnels
Reply
#4
CJW Wrote:Satern powder funnels

This^^^^^^^^^^ midway sales them cheap.
Reply
#5
I had the same issue and got the Lymanbarss smith pro funnel set. Aluminum, nice quality and case. They are pretty close tolerance and the funnel stand on top of the case on its own.

25$ for the set.
Reply
#6
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15305[/ATTACH]
Reply
#7
@JSC I was given a set of Lyman aluminum fls for Christmas 2018.Lyman is ok,it cannot compare to the extreme funnels.My buddy has Saturn funnels. Nothing wrong with them. They are $5 less.But I like the extreme funnels better.
Reply
#8
I will have to check out their site.

I do like how those extreme funnels has a shoulder chamfer cut in it.
Reply
#9
My set is the Area419, expensive yes, but IMO well worth it for the quality.
Reply
#10
CJW Wrote:Satern powder funnels

Another Saturn user, they work very well.
Reply
#11
I have an old Lyman red plastic funnel that I have used for so long that I can't remember when I got it, probably late '70's. I'm still using it and it still does it's job just fine. I bought a Satern funnel a few years ago, it's sitting on a shelf somewhere around here. I find it cumbersome.

I will spend whatever it takes for a perceived value, but there will never be another 20.00+ powder funnel come through my door.
Reply
#12
I?ve been using the RCBS funnel with the different caliber inserts. Hit it with a used dryer sheet every so often and that kills any static clinging.

Have the Lyman adjustable metal funnel kit also. Seems fine but find myself using the RCBS more often, it doesn?t seem as top heavy and seems to balance on the cartridge rim better than the metal funnels.
Reply
#13
Area 419. Can't find a complaint. About as good as you'll ever need, then more. Nothing sticks, it fits cases like a glove, and my trays are spotless after even fast and large count sessions. I'd recommend them, even at their price. https://www.area419.com/product/master-funnel-kit/
Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
Reply
#14
JCSC Wrote:I will have to check out their site.

I do like how those extreme funnels has a shoulder chamfer cut in it.
Try an extreme funnel in the cal you load most. I did the .223. After you try it and see how it works,you will buy another. Guys who say the plastic funnels are better haven’t tried the extreme hard-core gear funnel yet. Best out there or I wouldn’t recommend it so highly.
Reply
#15
Your plastic funnels will work fine. Take a dryer sheet and while them down. No static. I do it every downloading sessions.
Reply
#16
Use a dryer sheet on your plastic funnel. Prevents static. I do it every few reloading sessions.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)